𝟬𝟮𝟒 thank you for the venom

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: THANK YOU FOR THE VENOM

      Izumi could not contain the sigh of boredom that escaped her lips

      Izumi could not contain the sigh of boredom that escaped her lips. After so many arguments, she herself offered to take care of Yui while the Sakamakis and the Mukamis went out to find a place to sink their teeth into. After hours of discussion, the vampiress managed to get both families to agree not to depend on the human for food. She was well-aware this didn't mean Yui wouldn't get bitten, but at least it would lower the frequency.

      While she was not surprised that she had managed to convince them because she had lived with the Sakamakis for years and knew how to manipulate them, it did take her by surprise that the Mukamis were so vocal in their opposition to her proposal. It almost seemed as if, being unable to drink Yui's blood, they would have to face a fatal fate....

      There were so many unknowns surrounding the Mukamis and, despite her efforts to decipher the mysteries, Izumi kept running into alleyways that led nowhere. This new arrangement also offered her the possibility of finding more information that might bring her closer to the answer. But she was so lost with what she already knew that she doubted she could figure it out on time.

      She even had to keep in mind that it could all be an act on the part of the vampires to distract her, to make her suspicious of things that meant nothing, to just drive her into an endless loop of doubt.

      And now, she was stuck with standing guard over Yui until further notice. Now back at the Sakamaki mansion and with the brothers out foraging for food, she had the responsibility of making sure none of the Mukamis took the opportunity to attack Yui or to kidnap her again. Even though they were supposed to be looking for someone to feed on as well, there was no way she was going to trust them so easily.

      "Izumi-san?" Yui called, to which Izumi turned from the window to look at the human. The wind picked up, blowing Yui's hair and filling the vampire's nose with its scent. She was forced to take a long drink from the blood bag she was holding when she felt the burning in her throat. "Thank you... uh... I know it wasn't easy to convince them of the deal, and it wasn't necessary for you to do so, so.... thank you."