𝟬𝟭𝟳 blood trial

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: BLOOD TRIAL

      After handing Reiji the bat hair, Izumi marched to her room

      After handing Reiji the bat hair, Izumi marched to her room. She was so tired that she didn't even have the spirit to teleport herself there. Instead, she continued to make an effort to drag her feet up the stairs to her room.

      As she went up, she allowed herself to close her eyes, enraptured with the idea of taking a hot bath in the tub and then lying down in the soft sheets of her bed. The idea calmed her a little, and made her believe that the world wasn't so bad.

      However, before she reached the top, Ayato crossed her path. The red-haired man had a frown on his face, and his arms were crossed over his chest as he looked at her as if she had done something to upset him. Izumi sighed.

      "Ayato, I want to go to sleep. Whatever you have to say, can't it wait until tonight?"

      Ayato didn't reply, but instead reached over and grabbed her wrist, lifting it up to his face But before he managed to do anything, the girl moved it away from his grasp, "What do you think you're doing?"

      "I want to taste your blood."

      "Sucks to be you then, because you're not getting it."

      Ayato came closer, his gaze darkening, "Laito has already tasted it. It's unfair that I, Ore-sama, haven't tasted it."

      "I don't care what Ore-sama thinks," Izumi said, already moving aside to resume her way to her room.

      Ayato grabbed her by the shoulder, stopping her. But then, footsteps were heard coming from the first floor. The redhead clicked his tongue before picking Izumi up and running at superhuman speed to the second floor hallway, in a place dark enough no one would see them from the first floor.

      "Ayato, stop it," the vampiress growled, struggling against his grip.

      "Why won't you let me try? You let Shu," He insisted, and Izumi stopped fighting as soon as she recognized the emotion in his voice, "You let Shu drink your blood when you were with me. How do you think that makes me feel?"