Dreams of another time.

The next day Sweeney Todd and Nellie Lovett didn't speak one word to each other. He didn't even leave his shop and she refused to go upstairs. Neither of them was mad at the other, in fact they wanted to talk again. But they were both so darn stubborn.

A few times mrs.Lovett wanted to go upstairs, but she knew it would always be that way if she did, this time she wasn't going to give in. She wasn't completely pissed at him, but still upset with what he said. So by the end of the day she decided to not think about it and just cook dinner. She already chopped up and baked Turpin's body, so there wasn't much else to do.

Sweeney thought this whole 'not talking to each other' thing was ridiculous. And yet he was still stubborn so it took him all day to finally decide to go downstairs. He took a deep breath and left his shop, ready to make peace with the baker.

As he entered her shop, he saw she was cooking, she knew who entered the shop so she didn't bother turning around. He didn't really know how to start the conversation so just decided to act like.it never happened.

"Hey Nell" it was the first time he called her 'Nell' since the day he was sent away. She put her hands on her hips, turning to face him "don't 'Nell' me." He sighed, realizing she was still upset. "I'm sorry Nellie" but she just rolled her eyes. "Don't you have a customer to kill or a razor to sharpen or something?" Well, she was definitely still mad.

"Look I didn't mean what I said, I was just mad" she turned back around to the dinner that she was making. "I have work to do and you're distracting me" he nudged her shoulder "c'mon don't stay mad, I'll even help you with dinner." He offered with a hopeful smile, almost like a child asking to not be in trouble anymore. "I'm not mad Sweeney, but next time he's here don't do anything like you did yesterday." He nodded but then realized what she said and he made a worried face. "Next time? He'll be here again?! I thought it was a one time thing!" She rolled her eyes, "we plan to go on anothet date" now he rolled his eyes. "Why couldn't she have just gone on a walk with the milk man or something? Anyone but Charles" he thought to himself.

"Got any gin?" He asked as he sat down, "i don't know"

"How about rum? Wine? Any alcoholic beverage really." He asked again, "I don't know" she told him again. She was mainly just focusing on cooking dinner and cleaning the counter. "Are you going to sleep early tonight?" She sighed "you're a persistent man you know, you ask an awful lot of questions. You're quite the pest" he shrugged "I just want to celebrate the judge's death. You should too, it was your plan. Plus you're so uptight, and so involved with cooking and cleaning." She rolled her eyes and looked at him "I have a home with five people living in it. If i don't cook and clean, who will?"

He knew she was right, "we'll you're still uptight" he mumbled.

~~
That night, dinner was silent. No one spoke a word. But the kids talked about step one in their plan before dinner, and they were excited to put it into action they just needed to wait until the next day. Silence filled the air, the only sounds were of forks and knives against the glass plates. Sometimes the five of them would quickly glance at each other, but that was the only interaction.

After dinner, the kids washed the dishes for mrs.Lovett and quickly went to Toby's room to talk and read and think of ways to play match maker. Mrs.Lovett sat in her living room reading her book. Sweeney sat there to...but he didn't really have a reason. Eventually mrs.Lovett had to say something "wot are you tonight? A lost puppy? Are yeh just gonna sit there and watch me read?" He shrugged, "I'm bored, let's do something fun" she gave him a look "like wot? We aren't seven." He looked to the floor "you used to be fun" mumbled under his breath, like a child who was pouting. "I heard that."

"Well it's true. Do you remember when we used to run around all day? Not a care in the world.." she did remember, and thought about it occasionally. "Yes, and it isn't that I'm not fun, I'm just tired." He nodded, "wot is your favorite memory of wot we used to do?" This was all a bit strange. He never talked about the past but now it's all he wanted to talk about.

"I liked when you would sneak out of your house at night and cross the road to the farm and throw something at my window and then we would.." he finished the sentence for her. "And then we would go to the barn and lay on the hay stacks, looking at the stars and we'd tell stories to each other." She was surprised that he knew exactly what she was going to say, she slightly smiled "yes."

"It's my favorite too" he told her, maybe they could be close again. This was a very good start. "I'll let you sleep now" he spoke as he stood up "night Sweeney."

"Night Nell" he was the only person on earth who called her 'Nell' because when they were nine Benjamin gave her the nick name and made her promise to never let anyone else call her that. Nellie fell asleep within a few minutes after the long and busy day.

(Dream)
Benjamin threw a stick at Nellie's window, a few seconds later the window opened to reveal a small girld with blood red curls that hung just passed her shoulders. Her hazel eyes sparkled from the light from the moon "hey Ben" the ten year old whispered with a smile. He smiled back and nudged his head towards the barn "come on Nell" he whispered back to her. She quickly shut the window and quietly tip toed down the stairs in her house to the front door. When she opened it Benjamin was quietly there, waiting for her. The two ran side by side across the feild of grass to the barn. As soon as they got inside, they went to the hay stacks. There was a small hole in the roof of the barn above the stacks, so if you layed on the hay, you'd see the stars through the broken roof. The two friends layed side by side, holding hands like always, staring up at the stars. They were silent, but it was the peaceful silent. The beautiful calming silence that they both needed, they always had someone in their famlies yelling at them. But when they were together, all of that faded away. "Benjamin" she whispered, "tomorrow let's go to the creek" he smiled "I was thinking the same thing." He whispered back to her, sometimes they swore they could read each other's thoughts.)

Sweeney woke up, he hadn't dreamt about his childhood since the night he returned to London after fifteen years. But that dream was about his family, how his parents would yell at him simply because it was a way to release their anger. It was still the middle of he night, so he went back to sleep.

(Dream)
The two children ran through the woods "Nellie slow down! How do you run so fast?" Benjamin called out breathlessly from behid. "Come on Ben, we're almost there!" The little girl yelled back to him, still running. They finally reached the creek and sat down on the rocks, looking at the glistening water that was elegantly flowing downstream. "You do know, we can still come to the creek without running right?" Benjamin spoke, Nellie turned to him "you do know, we can still run to the creek without complaining right?" She mocked him, he couldn't help but smile, no matter what, she was always one step ahead of him with her witty mind. "Wanna go for a swim?" She asked, "swim?! It's the middle of October! And you know if you go home soaking wet with a cold your father will scream at you." She put her head down, "he'll scream at me either way" she mumbled under her breath. Benjamin felt sorry for her, he knew what she meant. Her father was almost always drunk and he could be very violent, often times he would lash out on Nellie. Benjamim put an arm around her in a friendly comforting way. "I'll race ya to the lilly pond" he said, attempting to cheer her up. The two smiled competitively at each other before rushing off as fast as they could.)

Nellie opened her eyes and looked around. Noticing she was in her bedroom, some light was shining through the window. It was morning, it was just a dream. On her face, she wore a slight smile. Remembering her childhood.

Although she found it a bit strange that she had a dream of something she did with Benjamin, she decided to let it go. Figuring it was only because she and Sweeney talked about the past. Not giving it much thought, she got dressed and got ready for a new day.

Authors note: i really hope you liked that! And the dreams. Because they play a pretty important part in the story *hint hint. Cough cough. Wink wink* so anyway, I'll update asap. Also in the dreams they were ten so Benjamin looked like a child. I know in the pic for this chapter he is older, but it's the only generation of Benjamim Barker that i have a pic of haha. Please vote and comment!! Have a nice day/night!! :)!