Flaw in plans.

Toby woke up and stretched his arms, he yawned and looked around his room. Light was shining in and it looked like it was lightly snowing outside. Toby's eyes widened as he gasped, "it's Christmas!" He quickly got out of his bed and ran into the living room. Before he looked under the tree to see if there were any presents, something else caught his eye first. On the couch mrs.Lovett and mr.Todd were half laying down and half sitting up, both sound asleep. Mrs.Lovett's head was on his shoulder and mr.Todd's arm was around her shoulder.

Toby smiled, "did they mean to do that?" He thought to himself before running to get Anthony and Johanna. He burst into Johanna's room, "Anthony wot is it?" Johanna asked before she opened her eyes, "oh, Toby it's you. Normally Anthony is the one bursting through doors."

"Johanna you've got to see this! Oh and merry Christmas" he quickly ran out of her room and into Anthony's room. "Anthony get up! Come here! Hurry!" Anthony got up and stretched, still half asleep. The two of them followed Toby into the living room and then smiled.

"Do you think it was an accident?"

"Do you think they like each other?"

"Do you think they kissed?"

All of the over-estimated questions spilled out of their mouths. "Well, this Christmas is off to a good start." Anthony smirked. They decided to let the two adults sleep and they began to make breakfast.

Nellie opened her eyes and realized someone's arm was around her, then she looked around and noticed her head was on Sweeney Todd's chest. She quickly sat up, "uhg, we both fell asleep last night." Nellie lightly hit his arm and whispered his name. He woke up, very confused.

"Oh, we fell asleep" he told her but she rolled her eyes and smiled "I know that yeh dummy." He noticed he still had his arm around her so he moved it away and stood up. The smell of eggs and other foods filled the air. "Do you smell something cooking?" Nellie nodded and they walked into the kitchen to find the three kids making breakfast.

"Morning sleepy heads" Johanna greeted and gave her dad a hug, Sweeney and Nellie just stood there, feeling confused. "So wot did you two do last night that made you so tired?" Toby asked them with a smirk, Sweeney and Nellie's eyes widened "Toby! Don't say things like that!" Nellie scolded him.

"Sorry guys...uhm...merry Christmas." The two adults had completely forgotten what day it was. "Oh! We forgot, merry Christmas, we have presents for the three of you in the living room." Sweeney explained and they all went to the living room to open their gifts.

Christmas was supposed to be such a cheerful time. So why did Nellie feel so empty? All of London seemed to be a bit less dull, and still there was something strange making her feel different. Maybe it had something to do with simply not being used to a Christmas with other people. The last truly cheerful Christmas she had was with Benjamin, before they met Lucy and Albert. Not to say things weren't happy after she was married to Albert and Benjamin was married to Lucy because they all still had fun, it just wasn't the same. Then, after Benjamin was sent away, every single Christmas eve Nellie would think about him, she didn't want to worry, but she did. Her closest friend was locked away or possibly dead, and all alone. She too was alone, especially after Albert died, as did her parents. She spent numerous Christmases just watching people outside with their loved ones, exchanging gifts, while she stayed in her shop, all alone. Now, four new people seemed to have moved in all at once, and she just wasn't used to it, and old memories kept flooding back, making her feel upset.

As the kids sat by the tree, admiring their gifts, and as Sweeney sat by the fire, staring into space, Nellie slipped out of the building without a word. As she walked down Fleet street, it lightly snowed, covering the dirty streets. Nellie walked all the way to the broken bridge and sat down, looking down into the water. She wished she could shake away the empty feeling inside of her stomach, but she couldn't.