By the sea, you and me.

The day had finally come, they were finally taking a day trip to the beach. Johanna woke up early and got ready as quickly as she possibly could, she couldn't wait to see the ocean and sit on the sand, it was something she'd been dreaming about for her whole life. She ran upstairs to her father's shop to find Mr.Todd sweeping the floor. "Good morning dad! Are you excited to visit the beach?!" She asked ecstatically as she hugged him tightly. But when she pulled away she noticed her father wore a slight frown, he didn't look as excited as she'd hoped.

"Oh no, is that today? I thought it was next week. I'm sorry dear, I'm afraid I have a very important customer coming today." Johanna's face fell, she wanted to spend the day with all of them, but she couldn't sit anxiously through a whole week again. Sweeney smiled before Johanna was even able to squeak any words out. "Johanna, I'm just kidding! Don't look so sad, wot kind of father would I be if I forgot about such an important day?"

Johanna smiled but swatted at his shoulder "that wasn't funny!" She told him, even though she was laughing.

"It was a little funny, you should've seen your face. Now c'mon let's go play the same trick on your mum."

"Dad, you know she'll just get frustrated." Johanna told him, not knowing if playing the trick on her mum was such a good idea.

"That's wot makes it funny." They went downstairs to find Nellie slicing bread with her huge butcher knife. Sweeney looked at the big knife in her hand and thought maybe making her mad at this particular moment wasn't such a good idea. Nevertheless, he decided to go for it anyway. "Nell, listen, I'm afraid you'll 'ave to go without me today. I 'ave a very important customer coming." Nellie looked up with wide eyes and slammed the knife into the counter where it stuck, much like she did when he returned to London and she saw him for the first time. She began slowly approaching him.

"Sweeney Todd you listen to me right now," Todd began slowly backing away from the angry baker. "Johanna has been waiting for this day for such a long time. I don't care if your important customer is the bloody Queen of England! You can't just..."

"Nell it's just a joke!" He laughed slightly and she rolled her eyes and muttered the word bastard under her breath before she left the room to fetch Anthony and Toby.

Johanna gave her father a very unimpressed look "told you," she mocked him in a way that reminded him of Nellie. Nellie would always give him the I told you so look and it made him smile.

"That you did, Johanna."

During the whole entire carriage ride to the beach, Toby and Johanna looked out the window, excitedly pointing at things. Anthony was excited too, but not nearly as excited as the other two were. He'd seen many beaches since he was a sailor. Nellie was very excited to see how Toby and Johanna would like it. Sweeney was happy for Johanna and Toby, but other than that he didn't care too much about where they were going.

When they arrived at the beach, Toby and Johanna practically flew out of the carriage and they ran down to where the water met the sand just to get their feet wet. It was still too cold to actually go for a swim, but they could still dip their feet.

Nellie set up the picnic blanket on the sand while Todd rolled the bottom of his pants up to his knees, removed his socks and shoes, and began walking into the water. His plan was to get his feet and ankles wet, but of course, since he was a bit of a show off he went further into the water so the ocean water was up to his shins. Nellie saw him and knew it couldn't end well.

"Sweeney don't! The tide could be strong and it could knock you down!" Nellie called to him from where she stood on her picnic blanket.

Sweeney laughed as the water flowed around his shins "calm down Nell, I won't go any further!" He yelled back but as the words escaped his mouth, a huge wave came by and it caused him to fall into the water. He went under for a second and was now drenched head to toe, he quickly stood up and spat salt water from his mouth. Nellie was now laughing hysterically as she stood in the very shallow part of the water where only her feet could get wet. Sweeney walked grumpily back to the shallow end where she stood laughing at him, he then developed an evil smirk. "It's funny, is it Nell?" He asked and began to approach her. Nellie's laughter quickly faded "no, it's not funny. I'm sorry for laughing, it's not funny." She began to slowly back up from him, Todd advanced on her and when she tried to run he grabbed her waist and lifted her from the ground, flinging her over his shoulder. She squealed and pounded her fists onto his back.