"He didn't deserve that!"

Anthony, Toby, and Johanna all kept a very close eye on mr.Todd and mrs.Lovett ever since they almost kissed. The children were trying to see if the two adults were acting any different towards each other...they weren't. It was as if nothing ever happened. How could they constantly do that? Something would happen between the two of them and they'd go on with their normal routines and act completely casual around each other.

But it had to be an act, they must've felt something about everything that's happened between them, right?

Nellie sat in the living room with a little baby girl in her arms. When Sweeney walked into the room he thought he was seeing things, why the hell was she holding a baby? He pointed to the child.

"Wot is that?" He asked, earning himself an eye roll from Nellie.

"A baby."

Todd furrowed his brows "well who does it belong to?"

"Her name is Violet and she is Charlotte's daughter."

"Why is it here?" Once again, Nellie rolled her eyes.

"She is here for the day while Charlotte and her husband are out of town." Todd nodded in understanding, he didn't mind having the child here, he just didn't want to have to interact with it in any way. Nellie stood up with Violet in her arms and walked over to Sweeney "want to hold her?"

Todd made a face and took a step back, away from them. "No."

Nellie smiled, he acted as if he was afraid of the child or something. "You used to love children. Look at how adorable she is!"

"You think anything that breathes is adorable." He told her, unimpressed with Violet.

Nellie smirked at him "I don't think you're adorable." Sweeney said nothing in reply, only smiled to himself at her usual smartass comment.

The two of them jumped slightly when the door flew open and Toby came rushing in. "Dad I need your help! It's an emergency!" He called urgently and ran over to Sweeney, slightly out of breath.

"Wot is it Toby?" He asked and gestured Toby to sit down. Toby sat on the couch and took a few deep breaths before telling mr.Todd of his troubles.

"I have no idea what to get Christine for her birthday!"

This made Nellie laugh, she found it amusing that that was the big 'emergency'.

Todd on the other hand, was a teenage boy once. And he also liked a girl when he was fourteen so he knew Toby's problem was serious. "This is an emergency, we must think of a solution to your predicament."

His serious tone made Nellie laugh again "are you serious?" She asked him in a joking manner, but Sweeney and Toby both looked at her with puzzled faces, letting her know she just didn't understand. She raised her brows "okay then. Nevermind, carry on."

"I can't decide between a book she's been wanting or a charm bracelet I saw at the market."

Sweeney opened his mouth to speak, but Nellie beat him to it. "You could always just get her flowers." She suggested happily.

Todd quickly waved away her suggestion, "no Toby don't listen to your mum, that's a dreadful idea." He spoke as if she wasn't sitting right there. Toby tried not to laugh at Todd's rude comment as Nellie's jaw dropped.

"Excuse me, wot is wrong with flowers? If it were me I'd love flowers."

"But it isn't you." Todd retorted, "besides, Christine is turning fourteen, I didn't get you flowers when you turned fourteen."