Never ending carriage ride

The children decided it was time to put their 'Victoria plan' into action. They wrote a fake letter, pretending it was from Victoria, stating that she caught a bad cold. They previously wrote a real to Victoria telling her about this plan so if Todd or Lovett ever mentioned it to her, she'd know what to do. They also told her in the letter that Lovett and Todd wouldn't probably ever show up to her house that day because they were going to get the coachman in on their plan.

Johanna took the fake letter to mrs.Lovett, "mum, a letter from Victoria came in the mail."

Mrs.Lovett smiled, she enjoyed hearing from Victoria "thank you dear." But her smile faded as she read the contents of the letter. Victoria lived alone, there was no one with her to take care of the poor thing. "Johanna dear, I'm afraid I'll need to go out of town for the day." Nellie quickly stood up and ran to the shop to get her coat where she bumped into Sweeney Todd.

"Woah, slow down Nell."

"Sorry, uhm I'll be out of town for the day." Sweeney frowned, he could tell something was wrong.

"Wot happened?"

"Victoria is sick. Nothing major, just a small common cold, but I want to go spend the day with her. Just to keep her company, so I won't be back until late tonight." She put her coat on and went outside where she luckily saw a coachman with his carriage right away. The man said he'd take Nellie to where she needed to go, but before she could pay him or step into the carriage, Sweeney ran outside.

"Nellie hang on," the man with the carriage said he could wait a few minutes if they needed to go inside and talk. She followed Todd back into the shop "I want to come with you." He told her.

"Darling there's no need for that..."

"I want to see Victoria and make sure it's just a cold, I also don't like the idea of you being alone late tonight."

Nellie rolled her eyes and crossed her arms "Sweeney I can take care of myself."

Sweeney sighed "she never makes it easy, does she?" He thought to himself before continuing.
"I know you can, I would just feel a lot better knowing someone was with you, that's all."

While the two of them bickered back and fourth, the three plotting teens snuck outside to talk to the coachman. Johanna extended her hand for him to shake "hello sir, I'm Johanna. Wot's your name?"

"Nice to meet you Johanna, my name is Stephen."

Toby smiled "how'd you like to make a lot of money today mr.Stephen?" Stephen wasn't entirely sure what Toby meant but Anthony pulled out a generous amount of money.

"Those two adults bickering inside are Toby and Johanna's parents...only they're not together. It's a long story, anyway we've been trying to get them together for months and we think they need some time alone to talk things out. We'll pay you all of this money if you pretend to get lost and don't take them where they need to go. Instead spend a long time just riding around, will you do it?"

Stephen smiled, "when I was young my parents fought a lot and my mother ended up kicking my father out of our house. I tried for years to get them back together, don't pay me anything. I'll do it for free lad, I'm sure the three of you spent a while saving up that money. Is there anywhere in particular I should take them instead of where they tell me?"

Anthony smiled, "actually, yes. I think I have a good idea." Anthony whispered the secret location and Stephen politely agreed.

Toby hugged the man without hesitation "thank you sir!" Johanna and Anthony smiled and thanked him as well. It was so nice of him to do this for free. Stephen the coachman was probably the nicest man any of them had ever met.