"I'll kill him!"

Hey guys before i begin, there's a very short flashback in this chapter. Please read it when you get to it and also the flashback takes place before Nellie and Benjamin dated! Okay I'll begin now :)

Sweeney slowly opened his eyes, another bloody dream he thought before he realized his surroundings. Nellie was sound asleep snuggled very close to him, he had his arm around her in a protective way. He rolled his eyes "how the hell does this keep happening?" He muttered quietly. There was no way he'd be able to get up without waking her, so he softly nudged her arm. She rubbed her eyes and slowly sat up so her head was no longer on his chest, she looked very confused. "We fell asleep," he told her, putting her confusion to rest.

"Again?" Todd laughed lightly and nodded, this seemed to happen a lot. Nellie got up and made breakfast for everyone before she left to go see Charles.

Sweeney decided to use this time to help Toby with his girl issues. "Toby I think you should just go ask her" was his advice. Toby was extremely nervous but he knew Todd was right.

"Okay dad, she'll hopefully be at the pond and I can ask her there!"

Todd smiled "good luck lad," Toby excitedly got ready and ran out the front door.

As Todd sat on the couch, Buttons the kitten jumped up onto his lap. Todd glared at the animal "no, I'm not Nellie. I don't like you, yeh stupid cat." Buttons clearly didn't care because he layed down and began to purr, causing Sweeney to roll his eyes. "I'd give you to mrs.Mooney, but Nell would kill me. So consider yourself lucky."

Johanna laughed from the other side of the room, Todd jumped slightly. He didn't know anyone was there.
"Arguing with Buttons, are you?" Todd cleared his throat, trying to hide his embarrassment.
"No, of course not," Johanna hid her smile.
"Alright, well Anthony and I are going out for a walk so we'll see you later."

Todd nodded and watched the two of them head out the door. Nellie was with Charles, Johanna and Anthony were walking, Toby was with Christine, Todd looked at Buttons. "I guess it's just you and me," Buttons nudged at Todd's hand. "No, I'm not going to pet you. You're nothing but a pest." Despite Sweeney's words, Buttons continued nudging at his hand. Sweeney sighed "alright fine, but only because I'm bored." He started to pet the kitten, Buttons was warm and soft, Todd began to hate him less. "I guess you're not so bad, as long as you don't piss everywhere." After a little while, Sweeney frowned. Realizing he had nothing better to do than sit here and have a conversation with a cat. "I really need to find a hobby."

After what felt like an eternity, Toby came rushing through the door "dad! It worked! She said yes! We're going to the cafe in town tomorrow for lunch!" Sweeney quickly stood up so Toby wouldn't see him sitting with Buttons. Toby hugged Todd, feeling completely over joyed. After all, this was his first day. Todd ruffled Toby's hair "great job lad! I knew you could do it." Toby smiled brightly, looking around the room.
"Where's mum? I can't wait to tell her!"
"She's still out with Charles, she'll be back soon. You can tell her then."

Over the course of the next few hours, Toby and Sweeney played a few card games, made lunch, attempted to teach Buttons some tricks, and cleaned up Todd's shop. Around six o'clock it was getting rather dark outside and still, Nellie, Johanna, and Anthony hadn't returned. Sweeney decided to make dinner which he was getting much better at. Toby still helped him out though. It was rather nice to spend time together. It almost felt like father/son bonding time, Toby liked having a dad, and secretly, deep down, Sweeney liked having a son.

Right when dinner was ready, Johanna and Anthony burst through the front door "dad! Charles hit mum!" Johanna screamed, causing Todd to drop the plate he was holding and run to the front door. Toby quickly followed him, the plate broke and glass shattered, but no one was worried about that right now. When Todd got to the door he saw Anthony looking beyond pissed off, he'd never seen Anthony look angry before. He saw Johanna looking very worried, but he didn't see the baker.
"She's got quite the shiner mr.Todd" Anthony told him. Before Sweeney could respond, Nellie entered the house and threw her jacket to the floor. She had one hand covering her eye and she kept her head low as she tried to speed walk to her room. But Sweeney stopped her.