Valentine's day

Johanna's POV
Oh it's so wonderful! Today is Valentine's day! Anthony, Toby, and I have been planning this night for weeks! We're going to get my father to surprise mum by making dinner, he keeps complaining about how he'd rather make dinner any other night besides this one. Apparently it'll be weird to make it on Valentine's day because they're not attracted to each other. Although they're not showing any definite signs of falling for each other, I think they're making progress.

For example; they make fun of each other in cute ways, they're protective of each other, they talk so much more than they used to, and they're so comfortable around one another.

Anyway, we're going to try and get them to eat dinner alone, rather than all of us eating together. That way things will be a bit more romantic. I'm really glad they're getting along so well and I'm so thankful to consider mrs.Lovett my mum. She's a great mother, they're both wonderful parents to us. Even if they don't see it. I've been thinking about talking to mum about Anthony, I have feelings for him but I don't know what to do.

Well, it is Valentine's day after all, love is in the air.

I've been helping my father with the dinner. Toby has the table all set and ready, he made sure to only light a few candles so the table is dimly lit. Anthony is on a walk with my mum, that way the dinner will remain a surprise. My dad is still complaining though.

"This is pointless, why does it have to be a surprise? I'm not married to her!"

I roll my eyes at his statement. Personally I think he just doesn't feel like cooking dinner. "Dad..." I begin, "we all know Charles won't do anything for her. She cooks every night! This will be so nice!" He sighs, finally seeing my point. After everything was ready, Anthony and my mum walked in-just in time.

My mum's jaw dropped, a smile forming on her face as she hung her coat up "did you guys make dinner?"

Oh she looks so happy! I quickly step forward "no, dad did." My father slowly stepped into the room almost shyly. Mum looked to him, an expression of shock and happiness formed on her face. Maybe even a hint of admiration. The room fell silent for a little while, my father kept his gaze to the floor while mum kept her gaze on my father. The boys and I glanced at each other, all three of us wearing smirks. Maybe our plans were beginning to work after all.

Mum looked at the table where the meal was, finally she spoke again "you made all of this?" She kept her gaze upon my father still, which was nice to see.

My father shrugged "sort of" he finally looked up at her "but Johanna helped."

I quickly shook my head "I only helped a little bit... it was mostly dad."

End of POV

Finally, mrs.Lovett and mr.Todd walked over to the table and sat down. But Sweeney furrowed his brows when he noticed there were only two plates "there are only two plates here."

Toby smirked "about that, the three of us decided we'd eat later, we 'ave to finish a very important card game. So you two should just eat now, don't bother waiting for us!" The three children quickly ran from the room, leaving the two adults alone.

Nellie laughed at their actions before she looked up at Sweeney "so why'd you decide to cook tonight?"

Sweeney didn't say anything, what should he say? If he says he did it for Valentine's day, it'd sound weird. If he said Johanna made him do it, it'd sound a bit rude. And if he said he didn't do it for any specific reason, she'd know it was a lie. He looked up at her, she was staring at him with her eyebrows raised, waiting for an answer. He quickly looked back down to the table. "Well I...I uhm..." Nellie leaned foward a bit, as if asking for him to continue. She'd never seen him at a loss for words. "You...I..." he sighed heavily and placed his head in his hands "happy Valentine's day" he mumbled through his hands.