A date?

Soft morning light flooded into Nellie's bedroom through the window. A few rays of light shone onto her face, making her flinch and close her eyes even tighter. Groaning as she covered her eyes with her hand, Nellie felt like her head was pounding so hard her skull might crack open. She tried lifting her other arm as well, but found it impossible as something cold and metal pulled at her wrist, finally making her open her eyes in confusion.

She took in her surroundings, frowning. She could hardly remember a thing that happened before she fell asleep last night. There were a few empty alcohol bottles scattered about the floor, the blankets on her bed were a complete and utter mess, her shoes were on the floor, as were Sweeney's. On her left hand, her engagement ring from Sweeney was on her ring finger. The room reeked of alcohol with a hint of smoke. She looked down and saw her right wrist still cuffed to his left one, explaining why she couldn't move her arm just moments ago. And there was the barber himself, sound asleep, almost looking dead to the world. Nellie smiled at him lightly, though she was sort of tempted to quickly check his pulse due to how still he was.

However, a few seconds later Sweeney began mumbling in his sleep. He flinched lightly "no, Nell, don't throw the knife at me again." He mumbled, making Nellie laugh.

She tried desperately to remember what happened that night. She remembered going to the bridge, how beautiful the sky was out there. She remembered going to her house for that bottle of wine, and being in the barn, they'd seen a shooting star in the yard. Then they came home and were sitting in her room, but then what? She closed her eyes tightly, trying as hard as she could to remember everything that happened last night clearly. She simply got quick flashes of things, flashes of Todd's burning eyes staring into hers. Flashes of them kissing, and his lips at her neck. Flashes of his hand holding hers and her unbuttoning his shirt.

Nellie's eyes quickly flew open and grew wide with panic. Could it have been a dream? She glanced over at Todd again, seeing the first few buttons of his shirt undone. She put her hand under the blankets, feeling for how high up her dress was. It was hiked up to her thighs.

"Oh shit," she muttered to herself before nudging Sweeney's shoulder a couple times. "Todd, wake up." She spoke softly, assuming his head was hurting just as much as hers was.

Sweeney made a few grumpy noises as he rubbed his temple and opened his eyes slowly. As he looked around the room Nellie saw the bewilderment spread on his face, he was probably just as confused as she was when she first woke up.

"Hey," he greeted simply, his voice sounding tired and still groggy.

"Did we have sex last night?" She blurted out, not bothering to even attempt at small talk first.

"Was gonna ask you the same thing." He admitted as he cleared his throat, well this was just terrific. He couldn't remember either.

"I don't think we did, I feel like at least one of us would have to remember."

"Nell if I had sex with you last night and I can't remember it I'm gonna kill myself." Nellie laughed at this, though Todd seemed rather serious. She looked down at the handcuffs again, and then it finally hit her.

"The handcuffs! We couldn't get very far because of the bloody things, remember?"

Sweeney looked down at his wrist and then it him him too. He remembered talking about it last night, and he remembered kissing her, and holding her. "Oh yeah you're right," he muttered before a somewhat annoyed expression grew on his face "God I wanna kill that bloody man."

"Who are you plotting murder against this time, love?" Nellie teased, moving a bit closer to him.

"That bloody policeman, he should be here soon anyway to get these horrid things off." Todd's annoyance at the man was clear. But it only made Nellie smile, he was always so impatient.