Moment of realization

Next day

Customers were in and out of the shops all day, keeping everyone very busy. The barber shop was all clean and fixed up, there was no trace of any mess from the day before. Sweeney was luckily feeling much better, thanks to Nellie. But he unfortunately felt a stab of guilt every time he looked to the dresser and saw a bunch of cracks in the picture of Johanna and Lucy. He tried not to look at it, every time he saw it he was reminded of how upset he was. How he was shaking and he screamed and threw things. He remembered how worried Nellie looked and how hard she tried to get him to just look at her. Sweeney knew he worried her, he felt guilty. As if mrs.Lovett didn't worry about him enough already.

Today was a good day though, the customers were nice and he got a few generous tips. By the time six o'clock rolled around he was releaved to close the shop though. He hadn't eaten all day and he began to feel sick because of it. Just as he was putting his razors away, he heard the bell above the door jingle. "Sorry I'm closed for the rest of the day" he told whoever it was, not bothering to turn around.

"It's me," he heard Nellie's voice, he turned around and couldn't help but smile when he saw her. She had flour on her face and on her dress, he walked over to her.
"You've got a bit of flour there," he spoke as he placed his index finger on her cheek. He then tapped her nose "and there." Lastly he touched the sleeve of her dress "oh and there." Nellie smirked, he couldn't make fun of her and get away with it. "Really? Well you've got some right there" she wiped some flour onto his nose and laughed slightly.

Sweeney laughed and rolled his eyes, she never let him get away with anything without getting even. "Listen Nell about yesterday, I'm sorry for..." he was cut of when she placed her finger on his mouth "stop that, there's no need for apologies." Sweeney wanted to continue, but knew there was no point, she wouldn't let him if he tried. Nellie picked up a towel and wiped his nose before wiping her face, she was contemplating whether or not to tell him about her dream. She wanted to ask if he had gotten any of them recently, but then again he just had a lot of things come back with Lucy yesterday so she decided against it.

"The children made us dinner so I hope you're hungry," she told him, and he was indeed very hungry. They went downstairs and into the dining room where the children had everything prepared. Mrs.Lovett saw the three of them making finishing touches and she offered to help. "No thank you, you cook every night so just sit down and we'll bring it to you." Todd and Lovett looked to each other and shrugged before sitting down.

The food was spectacular, not that anyone doubted the children. In the middle of dinner there was a knock on the door, mrs.Lovett stood up and answered it and she was followed by Toby. The man at the door handed her a bouquet of flowers and a card. She had never seen this man before, "from Victoria Travers" he informed her. Oh, he was just a delivery man. Nellie smiled, the flowers were from Victoria, her cousin. "Oh yes, thank you" Toby crossed his arms "who is this mum?" He stared at the man who looked confused.

"Don't mind him, sometimes he thinks he's my husband" she told the man and he laughed. Then Anthony came to the door and saw the man "who are the flowers from?" Nellie sighed "he does too." Of course, Sweeney Todd came to the door and placed a hand on Nellie's shoulder, looking the man up and down "who's this giving you flowers Nell?" She placed her head in her hands "so does he." She mumbled, the man at the door laughed. "I'm so sorry sir they're all over protective. Thank you so much for delivering these." She handed him a tip, he smiled "thank you and I can tell you're in very good hands." Hr flashed all of them a smile before leaving.

Nellie turned "the flowers are from my cousin Victoria so you can all stop acting like crazy people. She'll be visiting in a few weeks, she comes every year but normally I'm alone. Oh she'll be so happy to meet all of you! Sweeney you remember Victoria don't you?" Todd nodded "of course, the three of us used to take walks and go to the library together."
That was of course, before he was sent away. "Yes well, you'll just 'ave to act like you've never met 'er before."