A quick visit

Listening to the birds chirping softly outside on this beautiful morning, Nellie smiled to herself as she kept her eyes closed. She'd just woken up a few minutes ago, but hadn't opened her eyes yet. She was too busy thinking about last night, she was almost afraid to open her eyes to realize everything had only been a dream. The dinner, the argument, everything that happened between her and Sweeney. But she knew it couldn't have been a dream, she could feel Sweeney lying right next to her, she felt his arm around her waist.

Finally Nellie slowly opened her eyes to see exactly what she expected. Sweeney sound asleep right beside her on the living room floor. They ended up falling asleep in here last night after round two. It was more comfortable than expected though, since Nellie put lots of blankets down on the floor for them.

Smiling to herself, she scanned Todd's features as he slept. Those sharp, attractive features that had her so captivated the night before.

Sweeney began to stir and mumble a few inarticulate phrases in his sleep before he too woke up, smiling when he saw her. He used his arm to pull her closer to him, kissing the tip of her nose.

"Morning," he mumbled, his voice still rough and groggy from being asleep.

Nellie smiled warmly at him, cupping his cheek with her hand, "morning," she whispered back before inching closer, pressing her lips softly to his. After she pulled away, Nellie looked around the living room at the mess of pillows and blankets, and the empty tea mugs sitting on the table. She laughed to herself a little, "we should probably straighten up the downstairs before the kids get home."

Sweeney now looked around the room as well, noticing how it was unusually messy considering how neat everyone always tried to keep it. He then noticed something about her that he didn't notice a few minutes ago, and he did his best not to laugh. Unfortunately, Nellie noticed his random smiling and the way he attempted to hide it from her.

This only made her frown "wot?"

Todd shook his head "nothing." He insisted, though laughed as he said it.

Her frown only deepened as she furrowed her brow "Sweeney tell me."

"No, you're gonna hit me." He laughed again, though he knew how stubborn she was, and he could tell she wasn't going to let it go. Besides, it's not like she wouldn't see it anyway. Todd sighed, "well, it's possible that there might be a few uh . . . marks, on your neck area."

Nellie's eyes widened with a glare, just the look he'd been expecting. "How many is a few?" She asked slowly, warningly.

"Uhm well you see, that would be four, to be exact." He told her reluctantly, watching as she placed her hand on her neck.

"Sweeney! The kids get home at noon!" She yelled, sitting up and turning to look down at him. There was no way the marks would look any better by that time. If anything, they'd be even worse.

Sweeney put his hands up defensively "how is this all my fault?!" He laughed, finding the situation much more amusing than she did.

Nellie rolled her eyes, of course he found this hilarious. She pointed to her neck "these are all your fault!" She exclaimed, though she laughed a little bit too as she said it.

Sweeney furrowed his brow "I'm sorry, who ripped whose shirt again? Who kissed who? I'm suddenly failing to remember." He smirked at her, his usual sarcastic tone nipping at his voice. To be completely fair, she's the one who initiated everything, Sweeney just very gladly gave in.

Nellie narrowed her eyes on him, glaring down at his smug face. "Bastard," she muttered under her breath, attempting to stand up and walk away from the improvised 'bed' they'd created on the floor. But before she could do so, Todd grabbed her arm and pulled her back down beside him, kissing her as he wrapped his arms around her small waist before she was able to protest. Pulling her closer to him. At first Nellie was shocked, she tried pushing him away, but Todd was unfortunately stronger than her. After only a few seconds however, she  melted into the kiss and leaned in closer to him. She couldn't help it, she didn't know what was going on with herself lately but she found herself so hopelessly drawn to him, so utterly infatuated all over again. In a way it only annoyed her more, the fact that she was supposed to be frustrated with him at the moment but couldn't be. Not when everything felt so perfect.