His broken tears

A/N so before I begin I'd like to remind everyone that Lucy died when she took the poison. Mrs.Lovett doesn't love Todd so she had no reason to lie. Okay on with the story :)

The next morning when Nellie woke, she immediately filled with happiness. No headache, no coughing, no dizziness, no nausea, no sniffles and no sore throat. Feeling very excited, she hopped out of bed and ran to the window to pull back the curtains, it was sunny! It was still freezing outside, but the sun was showing! As she examined the outside world, she noticed that most of the snow was melted, some spots on the ground still had patches of snow but it was mostly gone. Once again, she smiled brightly, today was going to be a good day. Finally she could open the shop, she sort of missed working-much to her surprise.

After she was dressed, Nellie got some of the pies prepared before making breakfast. The kids woke up just in time to eat breakfast and Nellie happily ate with them, it felt nice to have her appetite back. Sweeney didn't come downstairs for breakfast, but Nellie didn't think much of it, assuming he was busy getting ready to open his shop.

Upstairs the barber stared blankly out of the window. He previously had a nightmare about Lucy...about what happened to her. A lot of things came rushing back to him, his anger for the Judge, his guilt for Lucy, his sorrow towards Johanna. But now a new feeling was added; confusion. He was confused as to why Lucy gave up on him and why she left Johanna with mrs.Lovett. Now he had himself feeling sorry for Nellie. All of these mixed feelings running through his mind, mostly anger. Todd was angry with the Beadle, angry at the Judge, angry at himself and even angry at...Lucy? What could he do about his anger? He didn't want to freak out on anyone so he came up with a solution...mrs.Lovett might kill him for it, but at least it's a solution.

Throughout the day the shops were very busy, both bringing in a ton of customers. All three of the kids helped mrs.Lovett run the pie shop. They were certainly making a lot of money, they even received a few generous tips. Mrs.Lovett was very pleased with how things were going so they decided to keep her shop open until eight pm, but at around six pm they ran out of pies therefore she had to get more from the bakehouse. When she opened the door she gasped and her eyes grew wide, there in the bakehouse was two dead bodies, she knew exactly who caused this. Nellie stood in shock for a few moments, why would he do this? Her eyes drifted upward when she heard a loud bang coming from the barber shop. Nellie quickly ran out of the bakehouse and flipped the sign to 'closed' on the pie shop door. She ran over to the children "we're closing early, after all of these customers are done don't serve anyone else. I need to speak with mr.Todd do not come up to his shop no matter what, do you understand?" They noticed how worried she looked and they all nodded with worried expressions "yes ma'am." Lovett rushed upstairs and locked the barber shop door behind her after she entered so no one would come in. She couldn't believe what she saw, he was covered in blood, throwing things around the room, yelling profanity, and he looked as if he was...crying? What could've possibly happened?

"Sweeney?" She spoke softly, but he didn't hear her and he continued going on his rampage. The room was a complete disaster. "Sweeney!" She spoke loudly before running over to him, she grabbed his wrists to keep him from throwing things. He tried to pull away but she didn't let go, attempting to get him to look at her "wot in bloody hell happened?!"

"Why didn't she wait for me?!" He yelled sadly before breaking from her grip and throwing the picture of Lucy and Johanna against the wall. Tears of sadness and anger streamed down his face. Mrs.Lovett held a very worried expression " love wot are you talking about?"

"Lucy! Why didn't she wait for me?! She gave up on me! Gave up on Johanna, gave up on our family! Why?" He shouted loudly, but he sounded more sad than angry and he began to pace. Nellie went over to him once again and cupped his face, hoping his eyes finally lock with hers, but he looked down. "Sweeney look at me." He tried to pull away, but once again she turned his face gently so it was infront of hers. After he calmed down and looked at her, she placed her hands on his shoulders. His body shook lightly under her touch. "She was very upset and sad love, she didn't have much of a choice."