royal proclamation

Once upon a time, long, long, ago....well more like twenty years ago, Belle married her beast, in front of 6,000 of their closest friends. Big cake, must've been yummy. So instead of their honeymoon, Beast united all their kingdoms and got himself elected King of the United States of Auradon. He rounded up all of the villains and sidekicks, the people that did crimes, and sent them to the isle of the lost with a barrier to keep them there. My hood is Auradon. My name is Alivia, I'm really important in this story of how true love happens.

I'm with my friend Ben in his room and he's talking about how he wants to do his first proclamation as the soon to be king. I was somewhat paying attention, as I was reading a book.

"Liv, are you listening to me?" Ben asked me and I looked up to face him and he gave me a teasing look, and I grinned.

"It's called multitasking." I said to him, and he playfully rolled his eyes at me, and I smiled. Truth was I wasn't paying attention and he knew that. As I suck at multitasking, I have the attention span of a squirrel.

"Uh okay. As I was saying. I hope my parents will agree with me." Ben finished what he was saying. Both of us know that his father definitely won't agree with him whatsoever. Unless, I can convince him to do so.

The door opened and Lumiere walked into the bedroom, with a tape ruler of some sort as he's fitting Ben for his outfit for the coronation.

"Prince Ben. Princess Alivia." Lumiere says and both of us smiled at him, and he started measuring Ben. "Okay sire, stand on the stool."

Ben did as he was told and he stood on the stool and I continued with my book. Oh also, Audrey is dating Ben. Yeah, not the brightest thing my sister has ever done, as she's mostly dating him because of how Ben's going to be King and she wants to be Queen. That's not going to happen, even if she's a princess.

Then the door opened again and this time it was the King and Queen themselves. King Beast and Queen Belle.

"Hello, Alivia dear." Belle says and we both hugged each other, and Beast smiled at me.

"Hello." I say and we both let go of our hug, and I quickly hug Beast, and then I go back where I was sitting.

"How is it possible that you're gonna be crowned king next month?! He's turning sixteen dear." Belle says to her husband, and he nods his head.

"16? That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42." Beast says and Belle gives him a look, and he smirks a little.

"Uh, you decided to marry me at 28." Belle says to her husband, and Ben and I chuckled a little at their little disagreement.

Me and Ben looked at each other and I gave him a nod as he knew what it meant, and he cleared his throat, gaining his parents attention and also mine. But I already knew what he was going to say, as he was explaining it to me ever since he wanted to do this. Which was a week ago.

When he first told me, I was shocked as I wasn't expecting it, but then I told him that I was going to be there for him and support him on this. That I was going to be the good friend that I was, and assist him along the way, and also help him tell everyone at school. Some liked the idea, and supported Ben with the proclamation, and others didn't support him as they think that the villain kids will want to take over Auradon like their parents.

"Mom, Dad..." Ben says trailing off a little, and he went to walk off of the stool but Lumiere stopped him and he walked back.

"Ah! Nn-nnh!" Lumiere says to Ben and he backs up to where he was and he sighed before continuing what he was going to say to his parents.

"I've chosen my first official proclamation. I've decided that the children on the isle of the lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon." Belle and Beast looked shocked to hear this, as they weren't expecting this. Anything but this they were wanting their son to say. Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned."

"The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?" Beast asks like he's confirming what's been said from his son.

"We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. I've already chosen them." Ben says and Beast looks more shocked.

"Have you?" Beast asks his son and he nods his head, Belle turns to her husband and puts her hand on his shoulder.

"I gave you a second chance. Who are their parents?" Belle asks her son, and he looks at her.

"Cruella De Vil...Jafar....Evil Queen....and Maleficent." Ben says going slow on telling them and when he got to Maleficent. Lumiere, Belle and Beast are shocked by what was said by Ben.

"Maleficent! She is the worst villain in the land!" Beast yells and I flinch a little at his outburst. I was expecting that a little as he has a temper sometimes.

"Dad, just hear me out!" Ben exclaims to his father and I give Ben a sorrowful look, knowing what's happening.

"I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes." Beast says reasoning with his son and I shake my head slightly.

"Dad, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life? Dad?" Ben says to his father trying to beg his father to understand him at this. I saw Beast's face softening at this even if he wasn't going to like it at all.

"I suppose their children are innocent." Beast says to Ben and Belle walks towards her son, before kissing his cheek and fixing his suit.

"Well, well done. Shall we?" Belle says as she walks away with Beast and they walk out of the room, leaving Ben and Alivia in the room once more to think over what just happened.

"Got to say, that went better than I thought it was going to be." I said to Ben and he nodded his head as he agreed with his best friend since diapers practically.

"Yeah I suppose it did." Ben said a little of what was said of his father and this got my attention, and I got up from the chair I was sitting in and I walked towards Ben. Trying to be that good friend that I was, comforting him whenever his father wouldn't agree with him.

"Hey look at me." I say to him and he averts his eyes to me, wondering what I was going to say. "What did I say when you were talking about wanting to do this?" I asked him and he looked down to the ground and I grabbed my shoulders as much as I could as he was still on the stool, and I was shorter than he was.

"That you'd support me, and be there for me, and help me through this." Ben recited what I said to him when I found out about this. I kind of had the same reaction as Beast but I didn't lose my temper. I nod my head remembering what I said, when I found out.

"Right. I'll still do that even when we are old and wrinkly." I say and he laughs and I smile at him, as he does back to me.

"Thanks for always being there for me Livie. I really appreciate it." Ben says to me and I give him a warm smile, and I ruffle his hair and he grabs my hand. "And leave my hair alone."

I giggle as I walk away from him and I grab my book, with a chuckle escaping from my mouth, as I walk out of the door.