cooking time...aka spell time

The vks are in the kitchen trying to figure out how to do the spell as Mal's gonna make cookies, for the love spell.

"All right. It says that we still need a tear, and I never cry." Mal says as she has a tiny frown on her face, as she never cries.

"Let's just chop up some onions." Carlos says as he's sitting on the counter, beside Mal, and he grabs an onion and Mal shakes her head no.

"No. It says that we need a tear of human sadness, and if this love potion gets the best we have to follow it exactly." Mal explains to them why they need a human tear, in order for the spell to work.

"A tear is a tear." Jay says shrugging and Evie shakes her head no at him.

"That's not true, Jay. They do not have antibodies, and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear." Evie says explaining what she learned about in Chemistry and her friends are amazed that she knows about that.

"Listen to you." Carlos says with a small smile on his face.

"Yeah, I knew that." Jay says to Evie, who shakes her head in unamusement, and before him and Carlos could start fighting the kitchen doors open revealing a half-sleepy Alivia.

"There you are, Mal! I was looking for you. Apparently after you did Lonnie's hair a bunch of girls wanted you to do their hair!" Alivia says to the vks, and they look up at her wondering what she is doing there. When she is supposed to be sleeping like the rest of the students when it's this late at night.

Once Alivia sees what they are doing she has a small smile on her face, as it explains why they're not in bed where they're supposed to be. Not in the kitchen cooking.

"Midnight snack, huh? What are you guys cooking?" Alivia asks them, and Carlos has a faint smile on his face.

"Nothing special. Just cookies." Mal says and Alivia leans forward a little and dips her finger into the batter, and the vks start freaking out as it was Ben's love spell that she dipped her finger in.

"What? I'm not gonna double dip." Alivia says defensively, and they retract believing her answer.

"Feel anything?" Evie asks her and the blonde shakes her head no at the blue haired girl.

"Yeah, like maybe it might be missing something?" Mal asks her and Alivia has a slight smile, as she makes her way to the refrigerator.

"Hey there." Jay says to Alivia and she gives him a 'are you okay?' look, and he frowns a little at her, and Carlos glares at him.

"It could use some chips." Alivia says and the four vks tilt their heads in confusion, of why the recipe needs chips.

"And those are..." Mal says trailing off and Alivia goes into the fridge getting a bowl of chocolate chips, and walks back towards the gang.

"Chocolate chips. Just the most important food group. Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies? Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective, and...." Alivia says, as she sorta forgot that they were villain kids, and she stopped talking, as their heads were down, and she had a small tear rolling down her rosy cheeks.

"Yeah, well, big bummer, but we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by. Really, really have a good night. I'll see you tomorrow. Evil dreams." Mal says pushing Alivia out of the kitchen and she waves a little at Carlos, who doesn't wave back to her.

"Night." Alivia says as she's out of the kitchen, and Mal goes back to the group.

"Okay, boys, cookie sheet. Evie, oven." Mal says giving the three of them jobs that they need to do, and they get started on their jobs.

"Yes, ma'am." They say doing what they were told to do.

----

Alivia was not listening to the lecture that her beautiful sister was giving to her, and she was growing annoyed to say the least. 

"You know how upset Mama and Papa are about this, don't you Alivia Rose?" Audrey scolds Alivia as Carlos listens to the conversation, and to say that he was scared of when Alivia loses her temper was an understatement. She's usually not one to lose her temper, at all, she's literally one of the nicest people at school.

"You know what, just leave it! You are just jealous that I have friends and you don't! Can't you just accept them, for who they are. Not who their parents are. For once in your life can you not think of someone other than yourself!" Alivia snaps on her sister and her sister jumps out of her skin at hearing her sister talk like that. Even she knows that her sister doesn't lose her temper, at least not that she's seen, up until now at least.

Alivia walked away from her sister, leaving her in her steps and Carlos decided to go after her to cheer her up, and calm her down. He might've only known her for a couple of days, but he feels like he's known her forever.

"Alivia! Liv!" Carlos says as he finally caught up with the girl, and she doesn't even turn to look. "Please." 

"What -" Alivia says and that's when she realizes that it was Carlos, and she stops herself from saying anything else.

"It's okay." Carlos says to her, and without thinking he brought her into a hug, and Alivia didn't question and hugged him back, knowing that's just what she needs at the moment. Boy did she need it anyway.

The two broke the hug, and Alivia had a tear stained face, and this made Carlos' heartbreak at the sight. He doesn't like seeing her like this, okay he's never seen her like this. He hopes that he won't ever see her like this again.

Carlos wiped the tears that were on her cheeks, and she gave him a sad look, and he gave her a sad smile in return.

"If it makes you feel better we made cookies last night, and I know you love chocolate chips." Carlos says handing her the little bag of the cookies, and she has a ghost of a smile as she opens the bag.

Alivia took a bite out of the cookie, and she didn't realize that Mal, Evie and Jay were watching her from behind. She felt something weird happen inside of her, and Jay sensed that she was going to scream, and he covered her mouth with his hand.

"Car-" Alivia mumbles, and Evie grabs the bag and puts the cookie back into the bag.

"What was in that cookie?" Evie asks as she looks up to Mal, and he shrugs her shoulders.

(The same thing also happened to Ben before Mal walked to Alivia, with Jay and Evie. So both Alivia and Ben are spelled).