01. Blond Adonis.

“Michael!!  Fuck right there.”

        I groaned and changed position on the bed.  The moaning got louder and heavier and my bed jerked in response.

        Oh, not again. 

          “Shit, I am going to comeeeee.”

          I jackhammered straight on my bed and threw a pillow on the couple next to my bed without looking.  I am never touching that pillow again. 

          My sleep was long gone; I couldn’t get out of the room fast enough.
Sex noises followed me to the kitchen, granted the whole apartment was a size of a shoebox and the kitchen was like a piece attached to it.  But still, as I closed the door, I could almost pretend that my roommate and her boyfriend are just talking and not going at each other like rabbits.  

         Why can’t they wait to have sex until I have left the apartment, like normal people?

         I sighed and put a kettle full of water on the stove and waited until it boiled.  I poured the boiled water into a cup and took one of the tea bags from the container we have stashed.  I wouldn’t be able to operate this day after rudely awakened without tea. 

        I took the first sip and didn’t even mind the hotness.  Moving towards the only beautiful section of the whole apartment, I reminded myself again that it was worth it to live with a nosy person who has no conception of personal space.

       The first reason is that I can’t afford an apartment of my own and the second one is that I don’t want to be alone.  Silly as that may seem, being alone nearly makes me go mad.

         I opened the window and got the first whiff of clean air.  I inhaled carefully, the aroma from my tea and the fresh air outside made all the tension from my body release. 

      The city seemed to wake up, bustling with activities but all very consistent and familiar which brought a smile to my face.  I thrived on routine and it always made me feel a little more settled. 

         That was the only thing that made my life easier in the early days.
But today I was determined not to dwell on the past.

       My eyes drifted past the shops to the tree line which was little visible from where I was standing.  Our city is just a little half an hour away from Seattle but is easier to commute than anything.  But what I liked about this city was it was on the smaller side and lesser hassle from all the usual city’s honking and pollution. 

      I sighed with relief as the obnoxious noises from the other room rolled down to none.  I turned and slanted my back against the window sill and looked about my apartment.  It was much on the smaller side but with the non-existent budget I was living on, and it was perfect. 

        When walked from the main door to the right was the kitchen which was just two small counters and some cabinets, and just opposite to it is the living room with a comfortable second-hand sofa, and next to it is the main attraction of the apartment, the window.  Mid-morning, the light would stream inside and light up the whole living room.  Even though there was nothing scenic to offer outside, I liked it the better. 

        Opposite the couch is a single bedroom which has two twin-size beds, crammed awkwardly, and next to the main door is the restroom which was modest at the best.  Closet space was non-existent but I’ll live.

        I have lived in worst places than this and apart from that, I liked the quiet neighborhood.  The tourist places were on the other side of the city, so this side received a less touristy intervention.