25. The night before.

SYLVIA’S POV

           “What?”  I asked again like I didn’t understand what Lucas told me the first time.  But in reality, I just thought they lost their goddamn mind.

          I bent down, ignoring their stares, and retrieved my bra from the floor, which was surprisingly not torn down, but I can’t say the same thing for my shirt.  I clipped the bra behind my back and buttoned my jeans back.

         They both were still standing in the same position, looking down at me, with stunned looks on their faces. 

          “Guys?” I raised my voice tentatively because I was not going to lie, Lucas’s sentence with their mutual silence was freaking me out. 

          “I don’t understand,”  Alex whispered.  “How is that even possible?”  He sounded gobsmacked. 

          Lucas scoffed condescendingly but he looked down at me with awe while he spoke.  “What is it there not to understand?  She remembers everything even after she crossed the ward or the glow she saw when I tried to check for the markings at her back.  She could be a shaman.”

          “Maybe.”  Alex breathed.  “Still—“ He went silent. 

           Lucas barked out a laugh all of a sudden making me jump a little.  I looked up to see both of them with their locked eyes with each other and Alex glaring at Lucas like they were having their own conversation.

          “Don’t even think about it,”  Lucas said and turned serious for a minute.  “I don’t care what you did to her when you captured her but now that I am certain she is one of our own, I know that she is my mate.”

       I felt like I missed a major part of their conversation.

       “Like hell she is.  I fucking know that she is my mate.  I had a connection with her even when I thought that she was a human and that was the main reason I kept her with my pack.  I felt something with her even when my nose failed to detect her dormant genes.”  Alexander glared at Lucas with such venom. 

       Dormant?

        Lucas snorted.  “I don’t care about you or what you feel for her because she is mine.”   He poked his index finger on Alex’s chest. 

         My head swiveled to both of their faces while they spoke about me like they forgot I was even standing there.

          Alex inhaled sharped and opened his mouth, likely to argue again but I swiftly cut them off.

         “Are you guys going to tell me what the fuck is going on or what?!”  I shouted.

       I was losing it.  I could feel something at the edge of my mind urging me to maul both of them for explaining me nothing.  I felt a headache set in as I tried to understand what the fuck was going on. 

         “Shit,”  Lucas exclaimed at the same time, Alex stumbled back looking at me like he saw a ghost. 

         “Her eyes.”  He whispered. 

          “I know,”  Lucas said just as stunned. 

         “What about it?”  I asked as tiredness settled in. 

           “They glowed a little.”  My eyes widened when Lucas replied and I was just about to turn away and run to the nearest mirror when he grabbed my arm and continued talking.  “But it lasted less than a second; if I was not so attuned to you I would have never noticed.”