22. Kiss me more.

My elbow jammed against the railing and I had no choice but to stay still as one of his hands left my palm to drag up my waist; my stomach tightened instinctively as his fingers hovered over my shirt, tracing something.  I looked down and found him tracing the letters on the shirt.

        Like a light bulb went off, I read the words.  ‘You’ll Have To Be Freaking Amazing If You Want Me To Change My FB status.’  His ominous, ‘I’m amazing’ makes more sense now. 

        I chuckled.  He would have seen this when I unzipped my jacket, but the butterflies seemed to not go away when he stroked his thumb against the letters.  I felt foolish to even have worn this shirt.

        Of course, it was kind of brilliant when I wore it at the apartment but now… not so much.

        Thankfully the servers saved me when they brought the food and placed it at the table. 

        I tugged my fingers free from his and walked towards the table and sat down on the chair.  I will eat this amazing food in front of me and after the walk, I will tell him that I am not interested in him, in the hopes that he would leave me alone.  Or not.  

        I made sure to steer clear of personal things when he started chatting while we were eating.  Then too I was rude enough to chew slowly and answer every one of his questions in short sentences. 

      The real reason he had in his mind when he asked me for a date should feel tiny when compared to going through with it.  I wanted him to at least resent me a little.  But it went in vain…

         “You look so beautiful when you eat.”  He murmured suddenly, his food long forgotten on his plate; he kept his elbows up on the table with his fingers blanching his chin atop.  He was looking at me like I was Goddess when I had a mouth full of smoked beef ribs to avoid talking to him. 

         I gave him a smile that ought to have looked like a grimace and looked down at my plate and the amazing food.  I should at least thank his friend for this heavenly meal, I thought just as the balcony door opened and a platter was brought to the table while others cleaned the empty dishes. 

          “It’s lime pie, specially made by Chef Bailey.”  The server told as he placed two plates in the middle.

           “Thank Mr.Bailey for this amazing food, will you?”  I said to him.

            “Sure thing.”  The balcony cleared and it was just the two of us again.

        At least I gave my appreciation to Lucas’ friend for this food. 

          I used my spare fork to take a piece of the cake and plopped it into my mouth, my taste buds exploded in my mouth as I bit into it. 

          I groaned in ecstasy.  I thought it would taste the least bitter but to my surprise, it was sweet and melted in my mouth.  I noticed the lack of movements in front of me, so I opened my eyes to look at Lucas.

          My lips parted when I saw the hungry look on his face as he tracked my mouth.

       He slowly moved his hand near my face and his thumb swiped at the corner of my mouth, when he tried to take his hand back, I grabbed his wrist to still his hand. 

          I don’t know if I was out of my mind or being super fucking bold when I licked the piece of a cake sticking to his thumb which he swiped from my mouth.  I kept my eyes on him when I sucked his thumb into my mouth. 

        I was out of my mind that was the only thing that was running in my mind when I continued to suck his thumb.  I parted my lips, freeing his thumb as he swiped the wetness against my lower lip, licking his lips while he hungrily gazed back at mine.