15. Why Am I Like This?

I came back to it just as the blond guy started to lift me off the floor.  I scrambled from his arms and straight to the hard floor.  My butt ached and I knew that is the second time I was falling within minutes.

         Panting hard, I tried to take note of my surroundings and clear the dizziness which was edging away.  I looked back at the blond, with my wide eyes and harsh breathing, and hoped that it was just a bad dream and I was just projecting about getting caught and drew a fantasy tale in my mind, where a blond-haired man would come and rescue me.

         I would have passed out in the shower stall.  That is the only answer. 

          But he was very much real. 

          And he was looking at me like he saw a ghost.  His hands extended towards me and I saw them tremor a little, his fingers connected with my cheek and he brushed against it. 

         I licked my lips nervously and cringed when he spread the residual tears from earlier from the corner of my eye.  Or, maybe I was crying right then. 

         I tried not to shrink away when his hands trailed down and traced the scar on my neck.  His nostrils widened and he looked back at me.  I met his eyes for the first time.  From this close, I could see that they were green but there was a weird tint of yellow in there which was not weird at all because his eyes alone could have their own supermodel show.  

        His eyes brightened and it was almost electric to see the yellow and light green swirl within his dark-rimmed Iris.  They looked alive on their own. 

        There was a commotion on the outside and I turned my head towards the door.  I was still sitting in the same position, my butt on the floor with both of my hands behind me, supporting me.  I had my knees apart inadvertently and he was settled somewhat in between them, on his knees. 

          Only after I moved my eyes from him, that I realised, my guard, Koda, was standing behind the blond trying to pull him away from me.  More people entered the room but no one dared come near us other than Koda.  But he still couldn’t lift the blond off the floor and I could see that he was being a little gentle because the blond guy’s hand was still on my neck. 

         A strong breeze blew out of the window ruffling my hair as I tried to decide what I should, do next.  Before I could even think of anything, a low growl from the blond guy caught my attention.

        I snapped my head towards him, my hair still blowing out widely as I saw his eyes glow bright green, his nose flared and his fingers curled around my neck, and in a split second, he hauled me towards him. 

         I gasped and instinctively grabbed his bicep for support as he held me suspended in the air.  He was still kneeling but he had both of his hands wrapped around me, and my knees were short of touching the ground. 

         His hands tightened even more as he pushed his face towards my neck, inhaling deeply.  I squirmed and looked up at Koda for help, but he was looking at the blond guy weirdly but when he realized I was looking at him, he grabbed my hand and tried to haul me out of the giant’s arm. 

        My mind went woozy and I didn’t know what was happening apart from the sweet smell I inhaled and the heady feeling of strong arms around me.  I almost got lost in it when Koda successfully ripped me away from those arms. 

         My thoughts cleared almost entirely as Koda backed me away from the man.  I didn’t know what happened to me in seconds but I didn’t like it at all.  Didn’t like the feeling of losing control.