26. The truth.

SYLVIA’S POV

           “Alpha Lucas.  With all due respect, I have to touch the mark to know whether it is linked with a clan line.”  Daniel said as he kept a cautious distance between us. 

         “Lucas,”  Alex said in a placating tone.

         “Fine.”  Lucas’s voice was hard as he came and stood next to me like a protective mama bear. 

           I made sure to keep my gaze downward as I reopened my jacket for hopefully the last time. 

           Daniel cautiously glanced at both Alex and Lucas before stepping forward. 

           He slowly extended his hand like someone was going to bite it if he wasn’t cautious.  And I was sure that, it would happen if he blinked his eye even for a second. 

         The chanting soon started even before he touched my mole.
I looked down to see if it was lighting up or doing something else.  But nothing, nada. 

          His fingertips made contact with my supposedly mark and I concentrated on what he was chanting but it just flew over my head.
I waited and waited until he finally withdrew his hand with a gasp and his head flew back, his mouth stilled, his eyes turning full white.

           His whole body was shivering and I stood up, very concerned as to whether it was normal for him to be like this.  I reached out my hand to touch his forearm to still his body, but his whole body quacked, a pitiful moan reaching past his mouth. 

       I turned my wide eyes towards Alex to see him already looking at Daniel with a frown and a concerned look.

        “What is happening?”  Lucas asked in a harried tone. 

           A final gasp tore through Daniel as he stumbled back from my hold.  His eyes flickered back to his normal brown color but then he went stock still, his eyes going back to the weird icy glow as he whispered in monotone, seeming not himself. 

           “White wolf.  Miracle. Save.”  His voice seemed different too. 

          Then a second later, he shivered a little and came back to the land of the living.

        “What did I do?”  Daniel asked, his voice quivering a little when he didn’t have one, a second earlier. 

           “We should ask that,”  Lucas said, standing next to me, with his arms across his chest and glowering at Daniel. 

          “I don’t remember the vision clearly.  It’s fuzzy.”  He glanced at the glaring Lucas and shrugged a little.  “It never happened before.  My energy is quite strong, but her’s seemed to surpass mine.”  Daniel then looked at me.  “Which is quite extraordinary in itself.” He breathed. 

         “You said something,”  Alex said after a while.  “But we didn’t understand a word of it.”

        I looked up at Alex in confusion.  What Daniel said was clear but the words meant nothing to me.  Maybe, Alex was referring to that.

         “Didn’t you catch a word of it?”  Daniel enquired as he took a big book from the pile of things on the tabletop. 

           “No, I can’t seem to recollect it,”  Alex replied.  “I thought you would have remembered the words after you came to conscious, but there is first for everything, it seems.”  Alex rubbed his fingers along his forehead as Daniel looked about in the book.  A little lost himself.