21. Is This Really a Date?

I bit my nail, nervously, as I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror.  God forbid, I didn’t borrow clothes from Livya today because I didn’t want to be kidnapped again. 

         I don’t know if I thought that wearing her clothes might get me kidnapped or that I was sure I was going to be kidnapped, so I would rather wear my clothes, to be comfortable. 

         It was fucking miserable to wade through my thoughts. 

         I would be the only moron who would think to get kidnapped in comfortable clothing and still go through with the plan of going to the ‘date’.

        It was like; I wanted to be kidnapped again.  This doesn’t make the least sense.

        “I am fucking stupid.”  I cursed as I looked at myself in the mirror. 

        I wore a simple pair of black jeans and a white t-shirt which had appropriate writing on it; I was even amused for a brief moment as I decided to wear it.  I had it tucked inside my jeans and paired it with a thick jean jacket.

         I didn’t know where he was taking me or what we were going to do on this ‘date’ but I decided I wanted to be low-key.  I didn’t want to look too dolled up by chance that he would think that I dressed up for him, which was not at all the truth.

      But it was not my fault that I looked pretty even without much effort. 

         I scoffed at that.  My brain had its way going on nowadays. 

         I let my hair down and didn’t do anything other than brush out the knots.  I had a hairband secured on my wrists and wore my only good white converse. 

         I blew out a breath and looked at my watch.  It was already time and I should get going now if I wanted to catch the bus.

        My stomach convulsed as I stepped out of the bathroom and grabbed my phone and wallet from the kitchen counter. 

        Livy whistled from where she sat on the couch with her boyfriend.  “Look at you!  Getting ready for some smexy times, huh?”  She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

         “Shut up, Livy.  It’s just a date.”  I grumbled as I pocketed my phone. 

         “Just a date, she says.”  She teased.  I frowned at her and she sighed, exasperated.  “C’mon, cheer up.  This is like your dream guy and you snagged a date with him.  You ought to be more excited than you are right now.  You look like someone is forcing you to go on that date.”

            I rolled my eyes at her and turned around. 

          “Unless someone is forcing you to go outside!  Is someone blackmailing you to go out?  Is someone waiting for you outside to take you away?  Is that why you are reluctant to go?”  She continued to spew her crazy theories. 

        I grabbed her shoulder with both my hands and shook her. 

          “Livy, my old and only friend, no one is forcing me or blackmailing me.  Please chill with your boyfriend and do the deed before I come home.” 

        Her smile turned to tease again.  “Have a good night.”  She purred.

        I stuck my tongue out at her and hauled my ass out of the apartment because if I had been in there for a minute longer, I would have for sure changed my mind to go out at all.

        Being in the apartment is comforting and safe and I would be happy to be in there forever, but going out with Lucas is stupid and exhilarating at the same time.  How could I miss a chance to feel that?