20. Dream walking.

I snatched my hand back and glared at Lucas.  In a second I forgot that I should have acted indifferent but I couldn’t think anything.  The only thought in my mind was that I shouldn’t get caught in a bigger web of being tethered to someone with the magical ability to erase a person’s memory.

         It scared the hell out of me.

         I indeed watch more than advisable dystopian series but it is the principle of the thing.  I would have never believed that witchcraft or whatever they call those jujus existed in real life but then I couldn’t ignore the obvious reason staring back at me.

        “Um, that was weird,”  I said to make it more believable.  I stood up and made a show of dusting my pants.  “I think I am late for work.  Bye.” 

        It was a lie but he didn’t know that.  I still had like half an hour to spare but then I would just spend it inside the gym rather than being here. 

        He quickly got up too.  “Wait up.”

       I screwed up my face, unintentionally.  I didn’t want to wait up.  I didn’t want to be near the guy who was also a ‘werewolf’.  I didn’t want anything to do with their kind. 

         I was already suffering from depressive feelings which were surprisingly absent now.  Right now all I could think was doing two things.  The first one was to get the hell out of there.  And the second one was to get all up close and personal with the guy behind me.  And I preferred the second option, to be honest. 

          I pasted on a smile and turned around. 

          “Yes?”

           He paused for a second.  “This is probably going to sound weird but I kind of know you.”  My eyes widened at his admission.  Is he going to reveal the truth?  “Shanice has been talking about you non-stop and it feels like I already know you. 

          “Shiny?”  I breathed out, disappointed. 

          “Her nickname?”  He chuckled.  “Yeah, your co-worker from the dressing store at the mall.”

           “Hmm mmm, but I don’t know about you.”  I retorted. 

        I felt angry all of a sudden.  It is one thing to lie but to pull something like this out of his ass; he had to be a professional goddamn liar. 

        He just smiled, like he hit a jackpot.  “I know and I want to rectify that.  Why don’t we get to know each other?”

        My brows furrowed genuinely.  At first, I thought he was just testing my memory.  To be sure that I was not remembering them but now I was not so sure.  What was he playing at?

       “What do you mean?”  I asked and put my hair free out of my ponytail.  It was suddenly stifling with warmth and it felt like my pony was pulling my head down. 

         His eyes were focused on my hand, where I was fluffing my hair.  “I mean, I want to go on a date with you.”

         I stopped moving and looked at him intently like I thought he was joking. 

         He looked at me earnestly and gave me a smile that was so cute that I wanted to take a picture of him immediately.  All this time, I just ignored looking at him clearly but now that I started noticing him, I couldn’t stop but pursue him from head to toe. 

         His hair was in a bun at the back of his head with a few of his locks slipping to his forehead and curling at the end.  It looked fucking adorable next to his green eyes and pink lips which were quirked upwards.  His pale blue shirt was unbuttoned halfway down but he was wearing a leather jacket.  I didn’t think the jacket provided that much warmth but then again I don’t know if ‘werewolves’ ran warm.