Chapter 5

Tori's POV
I'm in the asphalt cafe with Beck and Jade. I don't know where Cat is. Usually, she and Beck come here together but today was different.

Jade: so Tori, did you get the tickets?
Me: not yet
Beck: I still can't believe you'll be performing
Me: why? you don't think a girl like me can be talented enough to perform at the PMAs?
Beck: no, that's not what I meant
Me: I know but seeing you freak out is priceless (laughs)
Beck: Oh so you wanna laugh ok. (tickles her)
Me: (laughs) Beck! Stop! (laughs) plz

He finally stopped and I was panting from all the laughing, trying to catch my breath. I looked at him, making a grumpy face. He realized I was giving him a dirty look and just smirked and raised his eyebrows.

A few seconds later we all just bust into laughter, even Jade, she must've been laughing at how silly we were being the whole time.

Jade: you guys are such babies
Beck: she started it!
Me: (mimics him) she started it!
Beck: see, she is childish
Jade: I feel like I should be paid for babysitting you guys
Beck: you mean babysitting her, I am a grown man
Me: Pfft! Please, your like what? 16?
Beck: 17!
Jade: you aren't even legally a man yet, and you're calling yourself a grown man
Me: ikr
Beck: hey at least am more mature than u babies
Me: sure you are

I turned to face him directly and smiled at him, he smiled back and there was just a moment like when we first met, we were just gazing in the eyes of each other for a moment we had our eyes locked and I was getting lost in his brown eyes and then Cat turned up and sat in between me and Beck.

Cat: Hey babe. (Kisses him)
Jade: (pretends to barf) get a room you two.
Me: (glares at Jade)
Beck: you're just jealous.
Jade: plz I choose to be single, I can get in a relationship whenever I want.
Cat: Tori, can I talk to you?
Me: Sure. (Walks off with Cat)

I wonder what she wants to talk to me about. She was being unusually touchy today.

Me: What's up?
Cat: Is something going on between you and Beck?
Me: No! Why would you think that? We're just friends.
Cat: It's just that you two have been quite close recently.
Me: I know but there isn't anything going on with me and Beck. You don't need to worry.

Cat walked back to the asphalt and I decided to go sit in the hall alone.  If my being around Beck makes Cat feel insecure then maybe I should be less close to him. I don't even blame her, we are a little too close, and I need to distance myself from him.

Jade: hey Tori
Me: Oh hey Jade. (Smiles sadly)
Jade: You still upset about what Cat said?
Me: No, I get how she's feeling.
Jade: Why don't we go to the movies later to cheer you up?
Me: Sure.
Jade: What does she see in him? He's not that hot.
Me: EVERY girl thinks Beck is HOT.
Jade: Come on, let's go get a milkshake and go to yours. (Leaves with Tori)

I am a little hurt that she is jealous. We are just friends but then again something is going on between us. But am just gonna have to lose whatever feelings I have right now. I could never do anything like that to her, she should trust me, and she shouldn't even be with Beck if she doesn't think she can trust him. He and I are just friends, nothing is gonna change that. There is nothing she has to worry about.