Chapter 6

Jenna

The sound of my alarm alerts me that it's time to start another day. I cover up a yawn as I sit up and stretch out, waking my body from a full night's rest. It's time to head down to the gym to get my workout in before I head to work. I have a meeting today with my newest client- Tanner 'you can call me T.J.' Levine- who I'm sure will be very surprised to see me.

It's been a few weeks since our run-in outside the team locker room, and I'm pretty sure he has no idea that his rep for AthletaWear is a woman. It'll be the surprise of a lifetime for him when he walks into the meeting and sees me sitting there, dressed to the nines and ready to go over his contract with him. Yeah, buddy, I'm not a freaking puck bunny! I can't wait to see the shock on his face.

~

I take a cab to the hockey complex and make my way to the conference room. We're set to meet at 11 A.M. It's 10:35 now, so, if he's like most of my other clients from the team, I have at least thirty minutes to set everything up- contract, pens, water, protein bars, and some of the apparel from his line- and check my email. The time goes by quickly, and I'm more than a little shocked when he appears in the conference room with his agent and the team manager ten minutes early.

I was just going through some of my emails when they arrived. I was right. He was stunned when he walked in and saw me sitting here.

Rusty, the team manager, makes the introductions. "T.J., I'd like you to meet Jenna Taylor, our main rep for AthletaWear. She's amazing. Any questions or concerns you have with anything AthletaWear related in the future can be taken directly to her. Jenna, I'm sure you already know, this is Tanner Levine, our new right-winger. And his agent Marcus."

I flash a smile to Rusty before sliding my gaze over to Tanner. "Thanks, Rusty. Yeah, Tanner and I have met already, but it's nice to meet you, Marcus."

I shake Marcus's hand as he smiles politely at me. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Jenna. We look forward to working with you!"

Tanner is still gaping at me through our exchange. "Likewise," I tell Marcus.

Rusty claps his hands together, grabbing our attention. "Well, Jenna, I'll leave you to it. You know what you're doing here. If anyone needs me, I'll just be in the office."

Marcus and I wave to Rusty as he exits the room. When I turn back to Tanner, I notice he's still staring. He finally shakes his head and smiles. "So, you're my AthletaWear rep?"

I smirk at him. "That's right. Is that going to work for you?"

Tanner's mouth curls into a wide grin. "Oh yeah, this works very well for me."

I suppress my urge to roll my eyes and redirect everyone's attention to the matter at hand. We go over the contract details, and Tanner signs everything he is supposed to after getting the okay from Marcus. I explain the ins and outs of the contract and what is expected from Tanner regarding brand representation. Then, we start going through some of the apparel I brought with me for the line that he'll be representing. At this point, Marcus excuses himself to talk to Rusty, stating his presence was no longer needed as the paperwork was now completed.

Tanner rubs his chin thoughtfully. "So, will I need to do any photoshoots in the clothes? Ya know, like you did the other day with Liam?" He wiggles his eyebrows at me.

I start to roll my eyes and stop myself. I need to keep this professional. "Yeah, they'll probably want to get you scheduled for a shoot sometime soon. Put the ads out sooner rather than later to show off their new athlete."

Tanner's face lights up. "Sweet! I think I'll request you to be my counterpart for the shoot. You looked hot out there the other day!"

I snort- in a professional manner, of course. Wow, Jenna, what's your problem? "Very funny. I don't model."

He gives me a pointed look, reminding me that I did, in fact, model- recently. I retort, "The shoot the other day had very extenuating circumstances. That's the only reason I agreed to step in. Besides, this line doesn't have the female apparel finalized yet, so it will just be you modeling the clothes."

Tanner chuckles at my rationalization. "So, can I try some stuff on, get a feel for the fabric and how everything fits?"

I nod, trying to keep my composure. Why does this guy get under my skin so easily? "Yeah, by all means. There's a bathroom just down the hall where you can change."

Tanner smirks. Then, without breaking eye contact, he starts to undress. Uh, what the...!

He is down to his boxer briefs before my mind stops reeling. I avert my eyes. "Whoa! What are you doing?!"

Tanner stops and stares at me- still nearly naked, looking like a statue of Adonis. "I don't want to walk back and forth to the bathroom to change between outfits. This will be much faster."

He pauses and I glance over at his face, being very careful to keep my gaze above his waist. He continues, "And I don't mind you watching." My jaw drops, and he winks at me as he puts on the first outfit.

I feel my mouth run dry. The outfit looks great on him, like, really great. It's flexible and form-fitting in some places. It really enhances his um, assets. I can't stop myself from peeking. Fuck, Jenna, snap out of it!

I clear my throat and gesture to the clothes. "What do you think?"

Tanner has a smug look on his face. He knows the effect he's having on me. Damn him. "It feels good. I like the fabric. It moves with me just right. How do you think I look?" He sends me a knowing look.

I try to keep my voice steady. "You look fine." More than fine. You look sexy as fuck, and you know it. You cocky brute!

Tanner moves closer to me and speaks soft and low. "Mmmm. Just fine?"

I can feel the heat of his breath on my skin. I bite my bottom lip then snap myself out of my daze. "Alright, on to the next one!"

I back up, putting space between us, and Tanner smirks while reaching for the hem of his shirt. Oh no, not this again. I hold up my finger, halting his action. "Wait! I'll step into the hall. Come let me know when you've changed."

I hurry from the room before he can start stripping again. I couldn't stay in there. Not only would it be unprofessional, but I wouldn't be able to stop staring. He looked good. He's tall, muscular, with tattoos covering much of his upper body. And not to mention what he's packing downstairs. I didn't try to look there. It just kind of happened.

I haven't felt this flustered by anyone in a while. He's hot, and he knows it. Besides, looking isn't prohibited. I can look all I want. And boy, do I want. And technically, other things aren't strictly forbidden, just frowned upon. My contract with AthletaWear doesn't say employees can't get involved with clients. In fact, it doesn't explicitly breach the topic anywhere. And I know that unstated rule has been broken before...

For fuck's sake, Jenna, stop!

Why am I thinking like this? I never do this. I never think of clients this way. Besides, Tanner is a playboy and an ass. He thought I was a puck bunny, for goodness' sake! I work to steady my heart rate as Tanner walks out to tell me he's ready. We finish going through the rest of his line, and he tells me what pieces he likes and dislikes. After a while, he has to go to practice.

As he's leaving, he shoots me another sexy smile as his eyes roam my body. "I really look forward to working with you, Jenna."

The heat of his gaze has me feeling lightheaded. I can't stop the words before they leave my mouth, nor the light smile accompanying them. "Likewise, Tanner."

When he turns to leave, my eyes somehow find their way down to his ass. Why does he look so good in those jeans? I draw my lower lip into my mouth as I watch him walk out the door.

Well, this is going to be interesting.