Chapter 43

Tanner

When Jenna came up to me on that stage and threw her arms around me, I swore I was dreaming. Then, we kissed, thereby admitting to everyone our secret. Now, they all knew that Jenna and I were together. We no longer have to hide from anyone.

I can pick her up and wrap my arms around her whenever I want. We don't have to sneak around and stay quiet, hidden behind closed doors. I was able to leave the bar that night with her under my arm with everyone watching. I was able to show them that she was mine. It's hard to describe the feeling that washed over me, knowing that I could show them that she chose me and I chose her. And for the first time, we were able to tell her roommates the truth about where she was staying all night.

It's an incredible feeling, almost surreal.

~

I woke the following day with her glorious naked body pressed firmly against mine. Her back was pressed to my torso, my arm curled around her waist, and my hand splayed across her stomach. I could feel the slow rise and fall of her chest as she slept. I pressed a light kiss to her shoulder, then nuzzled my face to her neck, breathing in her intoxicating scent.

"I love you so much, Jenna," I whisper softly as I kiss slowly down her neck and feel her stretch beneath my arm.

She smiles and turns toward me. "I love you, too, Tanner. You make me so happy."

I press my forehead to hers and tell her, "You have made me the happiest man on Earth."

Her lips press against mine, capturing me in a steamy exchange. I run my tongue along her lips, begging for entrance, which she quickly grants. Our kiss deepens, and our mouths become one as both of us moan, excitement building with our heated lip-lock.

It didn't take long for us to become a tangled mess of limbs again. Our once frantic movements morphed into a slow, sensual dance between the sheets. Her body and mine melded together so perfectly. Her responses to me were intoxicating. Every sound, every touch, every move made me more and more drunk on Jenna.

She met my every thrust with vigor and rewarded me with the most incredible sounds, letting me know exactly how I made her feel. Making love to Jenna is unlike anything I've ever experienced. Before her, all I did was fuck. Now, she's shown me a whole new world of intimacy, and I can't get enough.

When we both found our climax, we held on to one another for as long as we could, enjoying the feeling of warmth radiating off of our now-glowing skin. Laying there with Jenna, I knew I had my future tucked safely in my arms.

~

After a while, I had to get to the complex for the last meeting of the season. Coach and Rusty went over a few things as a team, then individually. They reminded us not to do anything stupid in the off-season that would end with an injury. Then, they met with us to discuss a few finer details of our contracts before calling the meeting to a close and setting us free for the off-season.

As soon as the meeting ended, some of the guys approached me. I knew what was coming. They wanted the dirt on my relationship with Jenna. And I knew they'd give me crap about keeping it a secret, but I didn't have it in me to care.

Bring it on, boys.

Rob was wearing a shit-eating grin as he sidled up next to me. "Sooooo, you and Taylor, huh?" He wiggles his eyebrows.

Drew smirked at me. "Yeah, you lucky dog!"

I couldn't help the smile that spread over my lips. "Yep, it's true!"

Damien sat back on one of the benches, shaking his head with a look of disbelief. "Fuck, man! How the hell did you swing that?"

Before I could answer, Rob cut in. "Seriously. And how incredible is the sex? I bet she's phenomenal."

I'm about to answer Damien when Rob's words sink in. I turn on him and point my finger in his face. "That's none of your damn business!"

Well, there goes keeping my cool. I really thought I could handle their prodding better than that.

Damien tries to hide his laughter behind one hand. "Ohhhhh, snap! It must be good; look how defensive he's getting!"

I thought I'd braced myself well enough for their commentary, but I was clearly mistaken. The irritation was bubbling up inside of me as they kept poking. I turn to Damien. "Shut the hell up, man!"

The three of them share a laugh, happy they were able to get me so worked up.

Rob calms down enough to speak. "Dude, we get it! She's your girl. We're just messing around with you."

I know, fucker.

Drew adds his two cents. "Yeah, man. You can't blame us for being jealous assholes, can you? For real, though, you are one lucky bastard." He pats my shoulder.

Fuck, I really am.

I start to feel the tension from their comments easing up, and I don't feel as irritable. I know they were messing around, ribbing me because they could. It's just something in me flips when it comes to Jenna. I don't want anyone talking about her like that. I don't want anyone knowing how great she is intimately. That's all for me. And I'm one selfish bastard when it comes to her. I won't apologize for it.

Damien is the last to compose himself. "Drew's right. You landed yourself a real prize with her T.J."

His comment strikes me hard. She is a fucking prize, even better than the cup we just won. She's better than any prize ever created, and she chose to be with me.

That realization makes me swell with pride. "She's the best. She really is." I start smiling as I think of my girl.

It's not subtle either- it's sappy, love-sick, dopey even, but I don't care. It's the feeling Jenna gives me just from thinking of her, and I don't care how much shit they give me for it.

Rob starts teasing immediately as he notices my face. "Shit, dude! She's already got you whipped!"

He and the other two laugh again at my expense, but I'm too far gone now in my daydream of my girl to care. "Maybe I am, man, but as long as my girl is the one doing it, I don't really give a shit."

They joke around some more before congratulating me on landing the most amazing woman and insisting we all get together soon.

~

That night, I have dinner with Jenna, Liam, Chase, and Lindsey at her place. It's nice to sit next to her and hold her hand and share stories with the others about how we grew closer and when we knew we loved one another. It's nice not to have to hide. To be honest, I don't know how much longer I could have done it.

When the night came to an end, we went together to her room. We didn't hide; we didn't have to sneak around. Everyone knew I was going to be with her, that I'd be the one waking up with her in the morning.

We were finally free to just be together- to just be us.