Chapter 35

Jenna

I couldn't process what happened. Max totally fucked me! That asshat got me fired for some untrue bullshit. How could this happen? How did he weasel his way in there and get his claim straight to the top?

Nick told me he would get to the bottom of everything, that he didn't believe a word Max said. Nick had my back even if the CEO didn't. I knew if anyone could dig up the truth and help me get my job back, it was him. He said he hated that the CEO was making him let me go, but he would fix this, and I believed him.

He said he would keep me posted, and I should try not to be discouraged. I couldn't help it. I loved my job, I loved my clients, and I was damn good at what I did. So, I wanted to wallow. More so, I wanted to find Max and kick him in the balls, but that wouldn't help anything.

So, instead of doing something stupid, I left the bar after subtly sending Tanner a 'come after me' message with my eyes and went home to sulk. I needed to feel safe and secure. I needed a calming aura around me. I needed someone to just be with me and not ask questions, not give me pity eyes, not fawn over me like a wounded puppy. I needed someone who would give me just what I asked for, just what I needed.

I knew Tanner would do that for me. I knew I could count on him to hold me, distract me, soothe me. And he did. He only asked a few questions before voicing his opinion about the fuckhead, Max. Then he asked the most crucial question. What did I need?

So, I told him. And he delivered along with a cup of my favorite tea.

This man, my man, is incredible. He didn't even try to have sex with me that night. He just held me tight and made me feel like my world wasn't crashing down around me. And I loved him for it.

We woke up before everyone else the next morning and snuck Tanner out of the apartment, but not before he gave me a smoldering kiss and told me everything was going to work out and that he was there for me- whatever I needed. God, this man is perfect!

I spent a lot of my time trying to distract myself over the next few days. I worked out a lot, deep cleaned the apartment- twice, organized my closet, then my dresser, then my bathroom cabinets, and binged my favorite movies from the 80s.

I didn't get to spend a lot of time with Tanner because he was busy traveling for games or practicing. Also, my roommates were hovering around me when they were home, treating me like a fragile trinket that may break at any moment. I really needed to see him. I needed a sense of normalcy.

One day, Chase and Lindsey made lunch plans at the new restaurant across town. They invited me to come, but I declined the offer. And I found out Liam had plans that day too. No one would be home for a while.

So, I texted Tanner to meet me at the apartment as soon as he was done with practice. I need him as quickly as possible, and my place is much closer to the complex than his. He obliged and came over as soon as he was done with practice.

I change into something sexy as I wait for him to arrive. It's not long before I hear a knock on the door. I rush over and rip the door open to see Tanner standing before me. He looks sexy with his tussled hair still wet from his shower. I pull him inside the apartment and crash my lips to his.

He responds by picking me up and pulling my legs around his waist. He carries us to my bedroom and locks the door behind us. I need him close to me. I need to breathe him in and feel his skin against my own.

Our kisses become desperate, teeth grazing lips, tongues fighting for dominance, breath being stolen. We quickly remove every layer between us and mold our bodies together. We crash down on the bed, and I pull him close to me.

My hands roam his chest, his abs, his growing erection. I stroke him firmly, desperately needing to feel him inside me. He determinedly gropes my breasts and pulls my nipples into his mouth, generously sucking and nipping each equally before rubbing my core, feeling me grow wet with each stroke of his talented hand.

I moan my appreciation as he sticks one, then two, then three fingers inside my aching pussy. We pleasure each other needily until we can't take the teasing any longer.

"Tanner, I need you inside me. Now!"

He smirks against my lips. "I love it when you're bossy."

He pulls me even closer as he kisses me again quickly, running his tongue against mine. In no time, he rolls on a condom and gives me just what I asked for. We're both desperate for contact. He wanted to be inside me as much as I wanted him to fill me.

Tanner thrusts the entire length of his throbbing cock into me with one swift movement, making me moan my approval as he starts pounding into me like a man possessed.

His ministrations make me scream. "Oh, God! Yes, yes, yes!"

Tanner starts to moan and grunt while picking up speed and force. I arch into him and dig my nails into his back as I bite down on his shoulder.

He thrusts into me deeply, moaning into my neck. "Nnnnnghh, fuuuck! Baby, you feel so good!"

Our cries of pleasure start to get faster and louder as he thrusts deeper and harder into my wet pussy. Our skin is slapping together, and the force of our love-making is causing my headboard to crash against the wall.

I've never been so amped up. He thrusts vigorously, and I feel my muscles start to tighten. Tanner grunts again and buries his face in my neck. He's so fucking sexy!

My orgasm reaches its crescendo, and I scream my praise loudly. "Mmmmm, yessssss! Tanner, fuck!"

Tanner finds his release as my insides firmly close around his penis. "Nnnnnghhh! Fuck, fuck, uhhhhh!"

We collapse on one another, panting as we come down from our high. That was hot, rough, hard. It was just what I needed. I look over at my sexy man. He's looking at me with a lopsided smile on his face. He leans over me and gives me a quick peck.

We're both sweaty from exertion and have finally caught our breath. "Want to take a quick shower with me?" I ask.

He nods as his fingers trail down my chest. "I'd love to."

In the shower, we quickly wash up, then we stay there for a while in one another's arms. I let the water run down my skin as he holds me close, knowing this is what I need. He doesn't ask questions. He doesn't pry. He just gives me exactly what I need. It's almost as if he can read my mind.

After our shower, we dry off and quickly get dressed. We may have been reckless in our rendezvous to risk getting caught here, but I didn't care. I needed Tanner desperately- too desperately to wait for us to get to his apartment.

With my roommates all gone for lunch, I figured my place would work just as well as his, but now we have to get him out unseen.

I peak out of my room and call out, hoping I don't get a reply. No one answers.

We are in the clear!

I peak outside the apartment door before letting Tanner leave. When I see no one, I tell him it's safe. We share a steamy kiss before he makes his exit, promising that we will have more time together soon.

I shut the door with a sigh of relief.

Our secret is still safe.