Chapter 21

Tanner

Fuck, what have I done?

Jenna smirks at me as something catches her attention behind me. "Good morning, roomie!"

I hear Lindsey say good morning as Jenna shoots me another look before walking away heading for her bedroom. Fuck! I'm such an idiot! I stare after her as she goes, watching her perfect ass sway with every step.

Why couldn't I just keep my mouth shut? All the progress I made with her has been ruined. All because I couldn't leave well enough alone.

Now it makes sense that she always leaves the bar with Liam. They fucking live together! Damn, I made a huge ass out of myself, basically told her I thought she was fucking Liam. And we were finally starting to grow closer. She was beginning to open up to me. She was giving me a chance.

Good job, Tanner. Now she probably hates you.

As Jenna closes the door to her room, Lindsey turns to me. "What was all that about?"

Shit, I almost forgot she was standing there. "It's just a misunderstanding. I'm going to the gym."

I grab my things and leave before I can do any more damage.

~

When I walk into the locker room, I see Chase and Liam bullshitting by their lockers. They stop talking when they see me and exchange a look. Chase cautiously approaches me and asks what's up.

I try and fail to reel in my irritation. "Why didn't you tell me who your other roommate was?"

Chase furrows his brows. "Tay? I thought you knew she was our roommate. Why? Did something happen?"

Yeah, something fucking happened.

"No! Nothing happened, just would have been nice to know!" I stalk to my locker, cursing under my breath.

I don't need to let this shit affect me here. I just need to come up with a plan to deal with living with Jenna for the next week or two until I can move back to my apartment. She probably despises me after that shit I said this morning.

The whole thing could have ended differently had I just kept my mouth shut and ignored the green monster of jealousy inside of me. He came out in full force when I thought Jenna was coming from Liam's room. I need to apologize to her. But, to do that, I have to work up the nerve to face her again. That could take a while.

~

We had a meeting with Coach after practice, and he announced that we have a free weekend ahead. There will be no practice or games scheduled Friday- Sunday, so we have the weekend off to do whatever we want. Coach reminded us not to go crazy or go on any benders during this free weekend, mentioning what happened with Chuck to get his point across.

I overhear Chase and Liam talking about taking Jenna and Lindsey out of town for the weekend. I'm torn between jealousy and relief when I hear this because if Jenna is gone for the weekend, I won't have to worry about making an even bigger ass of myself. At the same time, I don't want her to go out of town with Liam for three days. I know everyone says they're just friends, but I can't help but feel envious of him being as close to her as I long to be.

I really need to figure out how I'm going to apologize to her. Maybe I'll stay here a while longer and try to figure that out, give her more time to cool off before I head back to the apartment.

~

After wasting a few more hours at the arena trying to find the right words to say to Jenna when I get back, I finally decide to leave. I head to the apartment, hoping she isn't mad.