Ch. 1

When I was 17 my whole world changed. It all started when my parents decided to tell me something that I never would have thought that they would keep from me. Let me first tell you about me. My name is Alexander everyone calls me Alex well, except one person but we'll get to that later. Anyways some info on me is that I'm a werewolf. My pack owns most of the city. Though humans don't know about us, t's a really big pack. We all live on the outskirts of the town. Besides that, when I turned 17, which is the age you find out if you have a mate. I know it's pretty young but, to us, mate means something else than what you're thinking.

Mates or your mate is someone that you are arranged to be with, by your parents. Yeah, our parents decide if we will have an arranged partner. If they don't decide by the time you are 17 you are free to choose as time goes on. Our pack stopped doing the arranged partnerships some still do but they talk to the two children beforehand. What happens if and when you have a mate, you are forced to leave your childhood home and move into the house of your mate. But for me it was different, you see my parents are the only ones who know this but, I'm gay. That's right I'm gay, which in the human world it isn't a bad thing. But as werewolves, we rely on every child at least having one offspring. This is why I told my parents when I was 5, that I didn't want them to look for a mate for me because I wasn't going to want any of the girls. They understood, and let me enjoy my teen years. At least that's what I thought.

~Five days after I turned 17~

"Alex!" My mom yelled out.

"Yeah, mom?" I answered her as I walked into the kitchen where she was.

"Oh, you were downstairs?" She asks me.

"No, I just came inside."

"Where were you?" She asked with a state that said I better not lie.

"In the woods, just wondering I promise. There was no shifting or anything." I responded with my hands in the air in a defensive position.

"You better not Alex." She says sternly.

"I promise mom."

"Kay. Well, I called you because we are going to have pack leader Miguel and his family over for dinner. So make sure your room is cleaned and you wear something nice." She says as she points the knife in her hand at me. Not threatening, but if she wanted to scare me she definitely could.

"Why are they coming over? Usually if there are dinners with them it's during pack dinners."

"It doesn't matter why they're coming over, they just are. Now go make sure your sister is in the blue dress I bought her."

"Kay." I sighed as I left the kitchen and went upstairs to go check on my little sister, Daisy. Well, she wasn't that little, she was 13.

"Hey, are you in that blue dress mom bought you?" I asked from outside her door.

"Yeah." She answered with a monotoned voice.

"Don't sound too excited about the pack leader and his family coming over." I retort knowing that she fawns over their sons.

"They're coming over for dinner?!" She squeals as she opened her door showing me that she wasn't wearing the dress.

"Yeah, I don't know why though so don't ask. Get dressed and make sure your room's not a mess."

"Kay!" She squealed loudly.

I then went to my room and picked my room up a bit and got dressed in a black button-up, jeans, and a navy blue blazer, and I put some black socks on cause who wears shoes in their own home?