Ch. 26

A/N: Hey everyone! Sorry I've been a bit MIA, I had been testing and I had no energy to write. I hope you all understand. Enjoy the chapter!

Alex POV:

I didn't even remember falling asleep when I woke up from the nap. It was now dinner time. I walked out of our room to see the twins sitting in our little living room, talking quietly, I might add.

"What are you both whispering about?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes, trying to fully wake myself up.

"Hey, glad you're up." Ry said as the both of them stood up and walked to me.

"Don't dodge, what's up?" Both of them looked at each other then me.

"Nothing really, just pack stuff."

"Like?"

"Nothing, no need to stress." Andrew tried to coax me to drop it but the way they were being extra quiet made me think and believe it was serious. I mean, I knew it was serious, I could feel it from both of them.

"I am the Luna of this pack, and you two will tell me what in goddesses name is going on." I growled, getting annoyed at them a little too quickly. Ryan sighed and looked at me.

"Well, when you were resting, someone came onto our land."

"Who?" I asked both of them.

"Stacy," Andy answered, looking agitated at Ry,

"Why?"

"She says she wants asylum."

"Did she tell you why?"

"She said she only wants to talk to you." Ryan answered.

"I don't think you should go near her." Andrew budded.

"Well, it's either I talk to her, or you kill her, and there is no way in hell I'm going to allow that."

"Alex, this is more than likely a trap. We know she resides in the vamp clan with the rest of her coven. Hell, she even masked hers and that Brandon's scent to keep everyone from knowing who they are. This is a trap."

"Well when she got here, did she have anything with her?"

"We, had female soldiers strip search her. They found she had an amber bracelet, a moon stone, amethyst powder, sage, and of course her necklace."

"What about her clothes? Were they ripped?"

"Yeah."

"Where on her clothes?" I asked knowing that if a witch is band from their coven, their clothes will be ripped down the center, an X over the heart, and more than likely their necklace would be cracked, or lost it's shade.

"Down the center, why?"

"I have to talk to her." I said as I turned to the door to walk away but someone decided that they could growl at me.

"Andrew, I swear to that if you think you can stop me from going? You've got another thing coming." I growled back.

"Ryan don't you agree with me?!" Andrew asked him trying to get him on his side.

"I agree with the thought of it being a trap, but I don't see the harm in having Lex, go and see her. It's not like we won't be there to supervise, plus she can't do any magic in that cell." Ryan said, telling me were she was.

Way before packs evolved into civilizations, we would live in caves that we call dens, but as we evolved packs started to use the caves as prisons for unwanted creatures or attackers. We rarely get people asking for asylum, due to the fact that we are very territorial and can possibly kill on sight. Our pack tries and has primarily stopped that over time, but we still have a wolf slip sometimes. Though they do get punished for their actions. But back to the cells, the rock surrounding the cave has a property that only allows wolf-shifters of our pack to shift and natural healing remedies to be of use in there. So, say a rouge or a wolf from another pack is in the cell, they will not be able to shift their human or wolf form, depending on what form they are in when thrown in. Vamps can't use their luring scent or their own personal ability, and witches can't use magic. Now if this pack housed other creatures such as vamps or witches, I don't know what would happen. We are one of the many packs that don't have a variety of species.

"Great, so I'm going to talk to her." I said leaving the room.

I herd the twin follow after me a minute later. I got downstairs and the smell of meat made me want to puke my guts out again. The nausea made me stumble, which got the twins to immediately reach out to catch me. But I pushed through and walked out the door. I'm not used to being a focus in peoples view so, the views I got coming out of the house got me uneasy. Then I remembered that this is probably because now I'm their official Luna. They're acknowledging me as their Luna, though they can't see my marks, they can feel the aura and smell the scent that gives off authority.

"Luna, is everything okay?" A man asked me as the twins approached me.

"Carlos, is everything okay?" Ryan asked the man.

"I just asked the Luna the same thing Alpha, he came out looking a little pale." Wow, he was worried for me?

"Oh, I- I'm okay, just needed some air." I told Carlos, that's his name right? Anyways, this guys seemed to be in his thirties, and well built too.

"Alright, if you need anything just reach out. Which reminds me Alphas, the witch is starting to go hysterical, saying that if she doesn't speak to the Luna, soon the pack will be in trouble." I turned and looked at the twins with a shocked look before I ran off to the cells.

"Alex/Lex, Wait!!" I herd them as I ran across the pack in a short amount of time.

"Luna is everything o-" The guard started before I interrupted.

"Where is she?"

"In the very back, little to no light."

"Take me to her." I said, not wanting to waste any time.

"Okay." As we started to go inside, the twins and Carlos caught up with me.

"Lex!"

"You can't just run off! Not in your- ... just talk to us before you do something rash." Andrew exclaimed, trying not to out my potential pregnancy.

"Look, I know Stacy, she's a very serious person. If I know anything about her, it's that when it comes to important things, she won't mess around. I don't think she's playing us, she knows something, and I'm going to hear her out."

"Fine, but anything Ryan or I deem suspicious, you will leave. Do I make myself clear?"

"Fine," I growled at him, not wanting to waste more time in fighting.

"I'll take them Jaime."

"Yes sir." The guard nodded and returned to his post.

We all walked into the cave. It's pretty deep, and it smelled horrible. Almost like there were rotting corpses here, which there weren't, but it smelled bad.

"Do these cells ever get cleaned?" I asked the three men there with me.

"Maybe once a year? I have no idea." Carlos chuckled.

"Who watches over the prison?"

"I do Luna, I'm the warden here, have been since I was eighteen, we only have five guards excluding me, and three of my guards are past fifty."

"What about the others?"

"Cesar, my son, is twenty, and Jaime, he just turned twenty-four, but we keep the younger guards for watching and moving prisoners.

"You can try to keep feeding me excuses but it doesn't excuse to doing your job to the fullest. I want these cells cleaned at least every other week is that understood?" I asked him as we approached the assuming cell.

"Yes Luna." The twins were mad, and not because of Stacy, they were definitely upset with me, I could feel it. It made Derek want to chew my head off. But the way I see it is that though we don't get a lot of prisoners whatever gets left by them doesn't get cleaned for a long time. Leaving it to waste, rot, and stink up the place. Yes it's supposed to be intimidating but it's not supposed to make you want to hurl at the entrance. I walked up to the bars, close enough to see her but far enough to where she couldn't touch me.

"Alex!" She yelled, making her voice echo.

"What's going on Stacy?"

"It's Brandon, he's coming for you."

——TBC——

——1401 Words——