THREE

sage

"i'm gonna smack the fuck outta you."

cleo stared at me with wide eyes. she still ate the french fry of mine that she stole, though she ate it slowly as she carefully watched me. "um... no, thank you?"

"you're annoying," i sighed as i shook my head.

"you love me though," she gave a grin.

"unfortunately."

she gasped before smacking my shoulder. i laughed loudly as she did. "i'm kidding! damn!"

"you better be," she narrowed her eyes at me.

"i am," i defended before eating one of my french fries.

it's saturday today. neither me or cleo had anything to do, so we're chilling outside on the campus. the weather is decent today.

"did anything happen after you followed billie?" cleo questioned.

"you mean after you followed her?" i glared at her.

"it was on your account, so you followed her," she gave a grin.

"whatever," i rolled my eyes. "yeah, she followed me back. she tried to dm me, but i didn't open it."

"bitch," she narrowed her eyes at me again. "why did you ignore her?"

"because i can?" i made a face.

"so, you're just gonna ignore a fine ass woman, who's clearly interested in you?" she raised a brow.

"well, when you put it like that," i trailed off. "yeah."

"whyyyy?" she groaned.

"i've already told you; letting people in is how you get hurt. i don't want that, dude," i shook my head.

"you need a lil' girlfriend though," she sent me a look. "or you at least needa get laid. damn."

she looked out across the campus. before i could respond to her, she blurted "hey, speaking of... isn't that her?" she subtly gestured.

i followed to where she was gesturing. across the campus was billie and some tall, light-skinned dude.

"yeah, it is," i confirmed.

"who's that guy?" she quizzed.

"i don't know," i made a face.

"he's fine as hell," she let out a sigh as she looked at him for a few more moments before turning back to me.

"he looks like he'd play the fuck outta you and not even think twice about it," i snickered.

"maybe, but he's still hot."

i glanced back at him. "yeah, true," i agreed. "still looks like he'd play you though."

"you can't judge a book by its cover," she muttered a bit bitterly, which made me laugh.

i glanced over at billie. she was wearing a black, long sleeved shirt paired with some biker shorts. her black hair was pulled into a bun, though it was clear that she didn't try to make it look good; regardless of her effort with it though, it did look good.

she is pretty damn fine, i'll give her that.

persistent as hell, too.

she looked over at me. i didn't look away, almost in a challenging way. i watched as a smirk formed on her lips. she winked at me. the guy that she was with said something, and she turned to him and laughed as she shook her head.

"you know, if you're not gonna get with billie, at least set me up with her little friend," cleo told me, which made me look back over at her.

"i just told you that i don't know him," i made a face.

"well, yeah, but, like... find a way," she pleaded.

"if you wanna get with his ass, you gotta find a way," i teased as i bumped my shoulder against her's. "i don't know you figure i'd be able to."

"'cause you talk to his friend?" she said as if it was obvious.

"that doesn't mean shit though," i laughed.

"whatever," she let out a small huff.

[|]

"hi, sage."

i looked up from my homework. it's now tuesday. billie took her seat in front of me after placing a coffee in front of me.

"hi, billie," i gave her a skeptical look. "what's this?"

"a coffee; for you," she gave a smile.

i looked at the paper on it; it was what i always got. "how did you..?"

"you get the same thing every day," she chuckled. "so, i just ordered what you get."

her attention to detail is cute, wow.

"thank you," i mumbled before taking a sip of it. i then tilted my head. "where were you yesterday?"

unlike every day since we've met, billie didn't come over to talk to me yesterday.

"aw, what, did you miss me?" she teased.

"nah," i shook my head.

"mhm. don't lie; i was on your mind the whole time," she gave a lazy smirk, the same teasing tone in her voice. "admit i'm unforgettable, sage."

"you wish," i stuck my tongue out at her. she smiled.

"so, you gonna answer my question?" i asked.

"oh, yeah; i slept through my alarms," she gave a sheepish smile as she ran her hand through her hair. "like, i literally ended up sleeping until almost twelve o'clock."

"yikes," i sucked my teeth.

"yeah," she sighed. "sorry for leaving you to be lonely here," she teased once again with a smile.

"i can assure you, i wasn't lonely," i tore a corner of a piece of paper off to thump it at her. "alone? yes. not lonely though."

"valid point; being alone and being lonely are two completely different things."

i let out a hum as i nodded. it was silent for a few moments.

"i'ma call you sav," billie blurted.

"huh?" i made a face as i looked up at her.

"i'ma call you sav. 'cause your full name is sage alexandra vance, so if you abbreviate it, it's sav," she explained. "it's gonna be my nickname for you. don't let anyone else call you it."

"and what if i do let someone else call me it?" i raised a brow.

"i'll beat them up," she joked with a grin; she flexed one of her arms as she did, which made me laugh as i shook my head.

"right," i said. "if we're doing that, then i guess i have to call you bepbo."

her face scrunched up, and she laughed. "please, don't."

"it's such a lovely name though," i gave a faux pout, which only made her laugh louder.

"shut up!" she giggled.

"fine," i let out a dramatic sigh. "i guess i'll just call you bil or something."

a soft smile formed on her face before she pulled her bottom lip between her teeth. "yeah, i like that."

"dork," i teased as i thumped another piece of paper at her.

[|]

a/n ayooo

thoughts?

predictions?

how are y'all? y'all good?

words:
1100