THIRTY FIVE

sage

"savvv," billie dragged out as she placed kisses across my face. "wake up, baby."

i slowly fluttered my eyes open. i gave a sleepy smile when mine and billie's eyes met. "i'm up, i'm up," i let out a soft laugh.

she smiled too. she placed a final kiss on my forehead before she moved to lay beside me. i rolled over into her embrace, and she then pulled me so that i was laying on top of her.

"i love you," she murmured.

"i love you."

"did you sleep well?" she quizzed.

"yeah; i slept great. what about you, lovebug?"

"i slept really well," she pressed a kiss to the top of my head.

we laid there for a while, though we stopped talking. i was clinging onto her tightly, and she held me in her embrace.

billie leaves new york today.

these two weeks have simultaneously felt like the shortest, but also longest two weeks of my life. either way, they were definitely some of the best weeks of my life.

billie leaves to auckland, new zealand at around five. when she lands in auckland, she'll be eighteen hours ahead of new york.

i don't even wanna think about how much that will affect how much we'll get to talk.

we laid in bed for a while until we eventually got up for the day. we did our morning routines together, as we've been doing for the past two weeks.

after we ate breakfast, billie asked if she could do my hair, and i of course let her. she sat on the couch, while i sat on the floor between her legs. she was brushing through it right now.

"i'ma buy you something from every city i go to," she told me. "a little souvenir or something."

"you don't have to, baby."

"no, but i want to, so i'm going to. you can't change my mind either, so don't try to!" just from the tone of her voice, i could tell that she was grinning.

"okay, okay," i laughed a bit.

she continued to brush through my hair before she began to part it. "also, you better not finish that book without me while i'm gone. i'll beat you up if you do," she threatened jokingly.

me and billie started reading this book together called "you've reached sam" by dustin thao. it's really good so far, and we're both really into it.

"i won't," i giggled.

"promise?" she asked as she held her pinky out to me.

"i promise," i linked my pinky with her's. "it wouldn't be the same without you anyways."

"good!"

she was silent for a moment. "oh! i also want 'good morning' and 'goodnight' texts every day! i don't care what time it is for me; if you wake up, send me a good morning text. if you're going to sleep, send me a goodnight text."

"i can do that," i nodded. "only if you do the same though."

"i will, don't even worry," she murmured. "uh... i need you to send me pictures of your lil' angel face every day too!"

"so you don't forget me?" i teased.

"fuck outta here with that, i could never forget you, mama," she dismissed that. "i just want to see your face every day! at least in pictures since i won't be able to in person."