TWENTY TWO

sage

"who's kid is that?" my brows immediately furrowed as billie opened the door.

"so... gio told his cousin that he would babysit her kid, and instead of actually doing so, he dropped him off here and ran off," billie deadpanned.

"sounds like him," i laughed a bit as i stepped inside.

we walked over to billie's bed. she sat the kid in her lap. "he lowkey looks like gio a lot."

"yeah, his family's genes are strong as hell," she snickered. "his sister is—" she started to let out a low whistle, but she stopped as she saw the way i was glaring at her.

"she's not as pretty as you, baby," she gave an innocent smile as she let out an nervous chuckle.

i let out a small huff at her. she leaned forward, and she pressed a kiss to my lips. "you're the prettiest girl in the world, baby, and you're the only one i want; don't even worry," she assured sweetly.

"i better be," i grumbled before i gave her a quick kiss, then pressed my finger to her forehead to push her back.

"you two are gross," the kid said. "you're gonna get cooties!"

"shut up, benji," billie poked his side. "no one asked you!" she teased.

"you shut up, billie!" he grumbled as he narrowed his eyes at her.

"no, you," she poked his cheeks. "i told you first."

"stop it!" he pushed her hands away.

they playfully fought for a bit. billie eventually "gave up" and let him win as she slumped back across the bed.

benji moved over to where i was sitting on the bed. "hi. what's your name?" he tilted his head.

"i'm sage," i introduced myself.

"you're pretty," he complimented as he gave a big, dimpled smile.

billie sat up. "hey, now, you tryna make a move on my girl?" she narrowed her eyes at him.

he turned around, and he blew raspberries at her. they started "fighting" again, and i giggled as i watched them.

when they were done, benji moved back over to me, and he sat in my lap. he laid his head on my chest, and he blew raspberries at billie again. "my girl. na-na na-na boo-boo," he taunted.

"i am not your girl. i'm just a lil' too old for you, mister," i chuckled. "you're, like, two years old; way too young.

his brows furrowed deeply. "nuh-uh! i'm this many!" he argued as he held up four fingers.

"you're still too young," i giggled.

"haha!" billie laughed at him.

"shut up, billie!" he huffed as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"nope!" she gave a grin.

he let out a huff before he held his fist out. "let's play rock paper scissors; the loser has to shut up!"

"okay, bet," bil agreed as she held her fist out too.

"rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" they both said.

"ha! you lost!" benji blew raspberries at her again. "you gotta shut up!"

"no," billie crossed her arms over her chest.

he moved over to her, and he placed his finger over her lips. "yes! shush!"

billie puffed her cheeks out before blowing out a puff of air. benji giggled as he backed away from her.

i smiled as i watched the two. it was honestly one of the cutest things i've ever seen.

billie noticed me looking at her, and a blush came to her face. she gave a shy smile, and she scrunched her nose up at me.

life is good.

[|]

it's a few hours later. giovanni came and picked benji up, thanked us for babysitting him, and left. not before billie smacked him in the head first though.

me and billie are now in her bed. we're both just wearing t-shirts after taking advantage of our time alone. billie has one of her arms around my waist to pull me into her embrace, while she's cupping my face with her free hand.

"you're so pretty, baby," she murmured with a sleepy smile on her face.

"you're prettier," i argued softly. "the prettiest."

"that is false," she denied, though she still had an adorable smile played on her lips.

"it's true," i told her. "you look just like a dream; the prettiest girl i've ever seen."

she jutted her bottom lip out cutely and pouted. she pulled me closer, and she pressed a long kiss to my forehead.

"thank you, sav," she murmured.

she started placing slow, soft kisses across my face. i smiled as she did, and i closed my eyes as we laid there.

she makes me feel so good; physically and mentally.

she makes me feel good about myself.

about us; our relationship.

just in general.

she makes me feel amazing, and i love that.

"you're the best, you know that?" i raised a brow.

she stopped pressing kisses to my face for a moment, but i could still feel her smile against my cheek. "you think so?"

"i do," i confirmed. i opened my eyes so that i could press my lips to her's.

"well... i personally think you're the best," she told me as she rested her forehead against mine.

i narrowed my eyes at her slightly. "take the compliment," i said with a bit of a whine. "stubborn ass."

she giggled, and she pressed her lips to mine once more. "okay, okay; thank you, love; even though i still think you're the best."

i let out a low groan, and she laughed cutely before pressing a couple more kisses to my lips.

her thumb rubbed against my cheekbone. her eyes scanned mine for a few seconds. "are you tired, baby? we can go to sleep, if you want to. or we can stay up; it's up to you."

"let's stay up, for just a bit longer," i nodded a bit. "could you keep kissing my face like you were though? it felt really nice," i murmured.

"of course, princess," she agreed before doing so.

[|]

a/n ayooo

thoughts?

predictions?

how are y'all?

words:
1010