SEVEN

sage

"sageeeeee."

"billieeeeee," i looked up at her from my book. she sat my coffee down in front of me as she took her seat.

"what did you make?" she raised a brow.

earlier this week, we had a test in my first lecture. before the test, i had been struggling on the material. billie happened to understand it though, so she helped me out with it.

earlier, while in the lecture today, i had texted her and told her that the professor had graded the tests. she wanted to know what i made, but i had made her wait until now to find out.

i pulled the graded test out. i handed it to her, with the grade facing down. she gave me a curious look before flipping it over. i watched as her eyes scanned over it before she grinned.

"a ninety-eight?! see, i told you, you had nothing to worry about," she looked up to meet my eyes. "you did amazing; good job, mama."

i sent a smile in return as she handed me the test back. "thank you," i packed the test into my book bag. "i did better than youuu," i teased.

she had made a ninety-six.

"the student has become the master," she gave a cheesy grin, which made me laugh harder than i'd like to admit.

"you're such an idiot," i chuckled.

"mm, maybe," she shrugged as she propped her chin in her hand. "since you're not doing any work right now... we should go take a nap; either way, you deserve a nap for making a ninety-eight."

it's been nearly two weeks since the first time we took a nap together. since then, we've taken quite a few naps together, and i gotta admit... it's pretty great.

she holds me so close to her when we cuddle, and it's just so... ahhh.

"if you love taking naps with me, just say that," i jokingly rolled my eyes.

"i do," she admitted she pulled her lip between her teeth. "and what about it?"

i narrowed my eyes at her briefly before thumping a small piece of paper at her. she laughed as i did.

"so? what do you say?" she raised a brow. "do you wanna go take a nap?"

i stared at her for a moment. neither of us broke eye contact. "sure," i gave in.

a smile grew on her lips. "alright, bet," she stood up, and she held her hand out for mine. "you wanna take one in my dorm or your's?"

"your's," i answered.

"are we ever gonna nap in your dorm?" she chuckled. "'cause we always nap in mine."

"well, for one, you have a single dorm," i sent her a look as i grabbed my book bag, then placed my hand in her's. "and two, your red light is cool. it makes it easier to sleep too."

"true, true," she agreed as she nodded a bit. "my dorm it is then."

we walked to her dorm. we set our bags down by her door, slipped our shoes off, then got into her bed. she wasted no time in pulling me close to her.

"so, tomorrow, do you wanna—" she started to ask, but i stopped her.

"i'm not gonna be here tomorrow," i told her. "i'm going back home on a red eye."

thanksgiving break starts tomorrow, so of course, i bought a ticket for the fastest flight home.

"oh, shit," she made a face. "my flight isn't until the day after tomorrow. i can't wait to see my brudder," she admitted as she talked in a funny voice.

i rested my chin on her chest so i could look at her properly. "you have a good relationship with your brother, huh?"

"yeah," she gave a soft smile. "he's one of my best friends, seriously. do you have any siblings?"

"nah, i'm an only child," i told her as i laid my head back on her chest.

"did you like being an only child?" she queried.

"at times," i sighed. "okay, shush, now; let's sleep."

"yes, ma'am," she chuckled as she pulled me closer to her.

[|]

"hi, momma, hi, dad," i greeted softly as they brought me into a hug.

it's about five in the morning in los angeles, yet my parents still, thankfully, came to pick me up from the airport. they always pick me up from the airport, just happy to see me after however long i've been at college.

"hi, sweetie," mom kissed the top of my head. "how was your flight?"

"it was okay; i mostly just slept," i told her.

dad ruffled my hair. "let's get home, alright?"

i nodded. we walked out of the airport before getting into the car. once we got home, i set my bags down near the front door before going to my room.

"tito!"

i grinned as he quickly made his way over to me. i picked him up, and i giggled as he tried to snuggle as close to me as possible. i ran my hand through his fur.

he's seriously the sweetest.

i played around with him for a while. i then took a shower and changed into a pair of sweats and a hoodie before getting into bed. tito immediately came over to cuddle with me as i did.

tito loves cuddles.

[|]

"i've missed los angeles," cleo sighed as she sat down on my bed. her flight landed about two hours ago.

"i've missed my bed," i huffed as i laid flat on my stomach, sprawled out in a starfish position.

"your bed is pretty comfortable," she nodded. "like, hella fucking comfortable."

"i know," i mumbled.

"so," she plopped down beside me. "what's up with you and billie?"

"what do you mean?" i raised a brow.

"exactly what i said; what's up with you two?" she questioned.

"nothing," i placed my hand over her face to push her away. "we're just friends."

"friends, huh?" she hummed. "yeah, okay."

"we are," my brows furrowed a bit.

"mhm," she agreed sarcastically. "i bet you miss her already, huh?" she teased.

"no, fuck off," i pushed her away again.

maybe a little bit.

"yeah, right," she giggled. "anyways, i'm hungry. let's go get some food."

"yeah, i'm down for that," i nodded as i got up from my bed.

[|]

a/n ayooo

thoughts?

predictions?

anything you wanna see?

how are y'all?

words:
1070