TWENTY FIVE

sage

it's now summer. billie, cleo, giovanni, and i all graduated from college.

cleo is going to live in new york, but she's spending the summer in los angeles with giovanni.

i got an apartment and got everything finalized right after graduation. it's really cute and nice, and i love it.

i spent a few days in los angeles after graduation to get a few things from my parents' house. billie helped, and she also helped me move everything into my apartment.

she's been staying with me in my apartment since we got everything moved in and set up. she's been here for about a week, but she's got a flight back to los angeles at the end of the day.

i'd be lying if i said i wasn't upset that she's going back to los angeles, but she has to. due to the record label she recently got, she has to go back to los angeles for some meeting.

she got a record label a few weeks before graduation; words cannot express how proud of her i am.

she also just released an ep, called dont smile at me. it's so good, and i've listened to it more times than i can count. i think my favorite is definitely hostage though. it just hits different.

billie stirred awake. she gave a sleepy smile as she pulled me close to her. "good morning, mama," she rasped. "have you been up for long?"

"not too long," i shook my head. "but good morning to you too," i smiled.

she gave another sleepy smile before burying her face into my chest. she wrapped her arms a bit tighter around my waist. "i love you," she mumbled.

"i love you too," i lifted my hand to run it through her neon green roots. i kissed the top of her head.

we laid in silence for a while. billie was clinging onto me tightly, while i ran my hand through her hair.

"i don't wanna leave," she mumbled after a while. "i just wanna stay here with you."

"i know, my love," i frowned a bit. "but you gotta go back to los angeles and do your superstar shit."

she immediately let out an amused laugh. "i am not a superstar."

"you're getting there," i smiled. "mark my words, you'll be, like, the most famous person ever."

"yeah, right," she snickered sarcastically. "people are gonna hate me."

"people are going to love you," i corrected softly. "i promise."

she let out a small hum. "i don't think so."

"they are," i poked her cheek, which made her smile. "so many people are gonna love you and your music, baby."

"you really think so?" she asked in a quiet mumble.

"i know so. just wait and see," i pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

[|]

"tito, c'mon, now," billie laughed. "i can't see."

tito was sitting on bil's shoulders. he was hugging her head, though his paws were covering her eyes.

it's safe to say that tito definitely loves billie. billie loves him too, and she's said that he makes her want a raccoon too. it's honestly adorable.

i watched as tito eventually moved to lay on her chest. he clung onto her tightly, like he does with me. i smiled as i watched the two.