FOURTEEN

sage

"what do you mean calm down?!" my eyes widened. "bro, i'm fucking nervous!"

"listen... just breathe, sage, alright?" cleo placed her hands on my shoulders. "billie is gonna be here soon, and you're gonna have to just keep your cool."

"right... right..." i tried to steady my breathing.

"you have nothing to worry about," cleo chuckled. "it's going to go smoothly, and you'll wonder why you was even nervous in the first place."

"i have plenty of reasons to be nervous," i sent her a look. "this is my first date, it's a date with billie, i have—"

"sage!" she cut me off before i could continue. "just calm. down."

i took a deep breath. i let it out, and cleo smiled. "there you go," she murmured. there was a knock on the door. "well, there she is. good luck."

my eyes widened a bit. as nervous as i am, i'm definitely excited for the date.

i shooed cleo away, and she walked over to her bed. i walked over to the door, and i opened it.

on the other side, stood billie. it's pretty cold out today, so she was wearing a hoodie and sweats, with this long jacket over the hoodie. she stood with one hand behind her back; the other one was shoved into her pocket.

a/n the outfit in the header

"hi, sav," she greeted with a sweet smile. "you look really good," she complimented as her eyes scanned over my outfit.

"hi. thank you," i smiled. "you look really good too, seriously."

"thank you," she grinned.

i tried to look behind her. "what do you have behind your back?"

"oh, right," her eyes widened. she pulled her hand from behind her back. "i gotchu these. you, uh... you like flowers, right?"

"i do," i smiled as she handed them to me. "these are really pretty; thank you, bil."

"yeah, of course. no problem," she blushed.

i stepped back into my dorm. i placed the flowers on the counter for now until i could get a vase for them.

i walked back over to billie. "are you ready?" she questioned.

"yeah, i am," i nodded.

"let's go," she smiled as she held her hand out for mine.

i placed my hand in her's, and we made our way through the dorm halls. once we made got out of the dormitory building, we walked off campus, and started walking down the streets of new york. our fingers were interlaced, and our hands swung between us.

"so, where are we going?" i asked as we walked.

"hm... you'll see," she gave a cheesy grin.

"oh, so it's like that, huh?" i raised a brow with a chuckle.

"guess so," she giggled as she playfully nudged her shoulder against mine.

we continued walking until we made our way to the subway. we waited a bit before boarding. the seats were pretty full, so we opted to stand.

"oh, look what i got," billie said after a moment. she pulled a disposable camera out of her pocket. "to, like... take pictures of today, you know? i dunno, i thought it'd be cute," her face flushed.

"i love that," i assured her with a smile.

i watched as she smiled too. she then looked down at the camera and started messing with it. "i don't even know how these things work..." she trailed off unsurely.