THIRTY

sage

i let out a low groan as i slowly woke up. i stretched my arms out, and i yawned. after that, i just laid on my back for a moment, and i stared up at the ceiling.

i eventually turned to check the time. i woke up a bit later today than i usually do. billie should be up by now.

i reached over, and i grabbed my phone. i scrolled through my notifications before finding one from billie. i clicked on our messages, and i told her good morning as well.

though i would have rather stayed in bed for a while longer, i got up, and i walked to the bathroom. i did my morning routine as usual.

i placed my hands on the side of the counter as i leaned forward a bit and stared at my reflection. i let out a sigh, and i backed away from the mirror. i exited the bathroom as i stretched out my arms again.

i walked to the kitchen, and i searched through my refrigerator and my cabinets.

i need to go grocery shopping.

i decided that i would do it later. i walked over to couch, and i grabbed my laptop. i opened it.

i'ma just go ahead and finish all of my work for the day.

i worked for a while, and i eventually finished it all. by the end of it though, i had a pretty bad headache.

i went to go take some pain medicine for it. i soon realized that i didn't have any more though, which made me let out a deep sigh.

i walked to my bed, and i got into it. i laid my head on my pillow, and i lifted my hand to rub at my temple to at least try and ease the pain. it did nothing though.

tito got into my bed with me, which made me smile. he cuddled up to me, and i moved my hand so that i could run it through his fur instead of rubbing my temple.

soon enough, even with the excruciating headache, i fell asleep for a nap.

[|]

nearly two hours later, i'm waking up again. my headache is still there, though it's just a bit more manageable.

i sat up, and i rubbed my face as i tried to fully wake up. my stomach growled, which told me that i should go grocery shopping now rather than later.

i went to the bathroom, and i brushed through my hair before i slipped on a pair of shorts and one of billie's hoodies. i pulled on a pair of shoes as well.

i made sure i had everything i needed before i exited my apartment.

i walked down a block away from my apartment to a small grocery store. billie had come here with me back at the beginning of the summer whenever we finished moving everything into my apartment, and she had helped me grocery shop.

we had first pushed each other around in a shopping cart. the owner, an older lady, had let us because of "young love" or something like that. i don't know.

words cannot express how much i miss that day and how much i miss billie.

i walked into the grocery store. i grabbed a shopping cart before i walked over to one of the aisles. i wasn't planning on buying a lot, not today at least. i just needed something to last a few days, then i can come back when i actually have the energy to get everything i need.

as i was looking through the shelves, some guy had bumped into me. he was pretty tall and buff too, and so when he bumped into me pretty hard, i stumbled into the shelf. lemme tell you, it was not a pleasant experience or feeling.