THIRTY FOUR

sage

"i love you," billie murmured against my lips. she pressed another kiss to my lips.

"i love you," i smiled.

i stepped back some, and i lifted my hand to wipe my mouth. her brows immediately scrunched together.

"hey, why'd you do that?" she asked as she gently grabbed my wrist to stop me from backing away from her.

"do what?" i tilted my head and played dumb.

"you wiped your mouth; you wiped my kiss away!"

"no, i didn't?" i made a confused face.

"you did!" she insisted with her brows still furrowed.

she pulled me closer to her. she was leaning against the wall, and she pulled me to stand between her legs. she leaned forward, and she pressed her lips to mine once more.

when i stepped back this time, i glanced over towards the door as i wiped my mouth again.

"baby," she said in a slight whine. "don't do that! accept my kisses!"

"don't do what? what are you talking about?" i let out a small laugh.

she pouted. she pulled me forward once more, and she kissed me a few more times. this time, whenever i pulled back to wipe my mouth, she pushed my hand away.

"that. stop doing that. why don't you wanna kiss me?" she pouted again. her brows were furrowed once more as she held my hand away from my mouth.

she's too cute, i can't—

"i was just messing with you, lovebug," i admitted. "it was some prank i saw on tiktok; i was just messing with you," i reassured.

"so, you do want my kisses..?"

"yes, baby; always."

she pulled me forward and kissed me again. when we pulled back, her eyes immediately darted over to my hands. i lifted them, though this time i cupped her cheeks and pulled her in for a heated kiss.

"that was mean," she huffed as i leaned my forward against her's. we were both panting a bit, and i could feel her minty breath fan out across my face. "you dummy."

"i'm sorry, love; i didn't mean to upset you," i apologized.

"i'ma wipe off all of your kisses for the rest of the day," she murmured in a teasing tone as the corners of her mouth lifted. she placed her hands on my waist, and she rubbed my sides. "see how you like it."

"no, don't! i was just kidding, baby!" i gave a small laugh as my hands threaded into her neon roots. "you better not!"

"i think i will," she pulled her lip between her teeth before she let it go with a small pop.

"no!" i laughed again. i pressed my lips to her's over, and over, and over again. "don't!"

when i pulled back, she tried to lift her hand to wipe away my kisses. i quickly pushed her hand away. "you shan't!"

she giggled, and she buried her face into the crook of my neck. "i won't," she placed an open mouthed kiss to my neck. "i'd never, mama."

"mhm," i hummed. i practically melted into her embrace with the way she kept kissing my neck and with the firm grip she had on my hips. "okay, okay, that's enough," i giggled as i placed my hand on her chest to lightly push her back.

"why?" she gave a faux pout.

"because kacie and vincent are waiting on us," i checked my watch. "we were supposed to be in there ten minutes ago."