TWENTY THREE

sage

"look at you!" billie grinned as she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards her. her eyes trailed over my body to get a better look at the dress i was wearing. "you look gorgeous, baby."

i felt heat rise to my cheeks. i thanked her with a quick, but sweet kiss.

i grabbed her blazer, and i looked at her outfit. she was wearing an all black outfit; a black turtleneck with a black blazer over it, and black dress pants. she had on a pair of black and white one's. there was a gucci belt secured around her waist.

"you look so fine," i complimented. "and pretty, and handsome, and just amazing."

she blushed too, and she let out a small laugh. "thank you, mama," she smiled before holding her hand out, which had a bouquet of roses in it. "happy valentine's, sage."

i took them before cupping her face. i kissed her, and we both admittedly got a bit carried away. when we managed to stop ourselves, i pressed a kiss to her cheek, and i stepped back to put the flowers on the counter for now. "thank you, baby; happy valentine's."

when i walked back over to her, she pulled me in by the waist. her eyes trailed over my figure once more. "as much as i would love to stay here..." she trailed off, and she licked her lips. "dinner reservations are at eight, and it takes a bit to get there."

she took my hand in her's, and she led me out of the dorm building. once we were off campus, we caught a taxi.

"cute," billie mumbled with a smile when she saw my lock-screen; she had grabbed my phone to take pictures on it.

it was a screenshot of a snap that she sent earlier. it was a picture of her lap, and she had used the drawstrings of her sweatpants to make a heart.

for the rest of the taxi ride, we took tons of pictures.

once we got to the restaurant, billie took my hand once more. she interlaced our fingers, and she gave my hand a gentle squeeze.

she told the hostess that she had a reservation. the hostess checked the list, before she nodded and told us to follow her.

we did so, but my brows furrowed a bit as she lead us to an elevator. we went up a few floors before we took a small staircase. my eyes lit up as i saw that we were gonna have dinner on the rooftop.

i hooked my arms around billie's neck before bringing her in for a kiss. it didn't last long, because she smiled into it.

"you like it?" she questioned as she tilted her head a bit; there was a big grin on her face.

"i love it," i pouted a bit before i kissed her once more.

we walked over to the table. billie pulled my chair out for me, and she pushed it in once i sat down. she sat in her own chair. the hostess told us that a waiter would be with us in a moment.

"you're so sweet," i murmured as she held my hand over the table.

"it's nothing," she tried to wave me off, but her cheeks were quickly flushing. i giggled.

soon enough, the waiter came up here. he handed us a menu before asking us what we would like to drink. once we told him, he walked back downstairs.

we scanned over the menu before we both picked what we wanted to eat. when the waiter came back up and handed us our drinks, we told him what we wanted to eat.

after that, we soon fell into conversation. the topic kept changing, but we kept talking.

when it was silent for a moment, i asked "so, what are you... what are you doing after college?"