FORTY

sage

it's been a few months.

billie just finished her where's my mind tour a little over a week ago. it was almost a two month long tour. since it's finished, she's been enjoying her time off at home with me, sharky, and tito.

during the tour, she was extremely busy. we barely got to talk, and she hardly had enough time to make the vlogs like she had on her first tour. the times when we were able to facetime or talk, i could clearly tell that it was stressing her out, and that this tour was wearing her out.

so, about a month into the tour, i flew out to one of her's shows to surprise her.

i watched from backstage as billie performed her last show for the night. she has no clue that i'm here right now; i came into the venue after she went on stage.

as i watched, i was completely enamored by her, her performance, and her stage presence as a whole. the amount of crowd control she has is absolutely insane. she was definitely meant to perform like this.

as stressed out and as tired as she's been lately, she was still giving it her all onstage. she was clearly happy to perform and be here.

as she was finishing up, i made my way to her green room so that i would be able to surprise her. i stood in the middle of the room with the door closed as i waited.

after a few minutes, i heard her and finneas laugh about something as they walked down the hall. i could hear billie rambling about the energy of the crowd tonight and all of that.

she opened the door, and she immediately stopped talking. her hand was still holding the doorknob as she just stood there and stared at me with wide eyes.

she turned to look at finneas, who had a big, knowing smile on his face. she turned back to me, and i pouted as i saw that her eyes had started to tear up.

"am i tripping? please, tell me i'm not. like, you're actually fuckin' here right now?" she finally spoke.

"i'm here, baby," i giggled. "are you gonna c'mere, or are you just gonna stand there and stare at me?"

she quickly made her way over to me. she wrapped her arms around me tightly, and she buried her face into the crook of my neck. her body started to shake a bit as she started to cry. finneas quietly excused himself as he closed the door and walked out.

"you have no idea how badly i needed you to be here," she cried. "everything has been so much lately, and i've missed you a lot, and—" she was cut off by a hiccup.

"it's okay, my love; i'm here," i murmured as i tried my best to calm her down. "i'm here, i've gotchu, and it's okay."

"i've missed you so much," she weeped.

"i know, baby. i missed you too," i kissed the side of her head. "i'm here now though, okay? don't worry, angel."

i was able to stay on the tour with her for a little over a week, until her show in new york. it definitely improved her mood, and we had a lot of fun. even after she left new york, she was doing better than she was at the start of the tour.

right now, we're laying in our bed. i'm cuddled up to billie's side. shark is laying across her lap, and he's napping. tito is laying beside sharky, and he's close to falling asleep too. billie is playing random songs on her guitar.

"well, don't just sit in front of me, and wait for me to talk. you can call me up. the phone works two ways, you know?" billie sang softly.

she stopped, and she turned to look at me. i had been staring at the side of her face, completely lovestruck, as she sang. my chin was resting on her shoulder.