No Faces

Chapter 39: No Faces

The trip to the Ministry of magic had been immediate. 

Lucy had ordered it, she knew the orb was there and Snape believed her. Because of all the nightmares she'd had, it wasn't hard to believe it was true. Shona, however doubted her at first but then decided that she was right. She'd never really been wrong with her visions. 

Snape had taken them down to Hogsmeade along with Jessica and a few members of the Resistance that had been able to come along to this emergency trip. Snape apparated with Lucy and Jessica apparated with Shona. The Resistance, apparated on their own and they all caught up quickly in the entrance hall of the Ministry of magic. 

"Where is the Department of Mysteries?" One of the members of the Resistance asked, he was a tall man and wore a fine suit that even though was smart did not resemble Zuc's or Kingston's in any way. 

"This way," Lucy murmured after getting a glimpse of the vision again. 

The Ministry of magic was practically empty, only the odd few people walking around who didn't seem too suspicious of a group of people walking around. Lucy just hoped they could find the Department of Mysteries easily so they could find the orb and get out of there; she didn't want to be hanging around here long. 

"Are you sure this is the right way, Lucy?" Jessica asked. 

"Certain," Lucy nodded, she heard the Resistance members voices of disapproval. "Trust me, I know." 

They seemed to walk for miles until they finally made it into the depths of the Ministry and as to where the Department of Mysteries were. Lucy couldn't believe she'd found them so easily as they were supposed to be top secret...or maybe it was the getting inside part which was the hard part. 

A big black door stood in front of them, it looked so menacing as if it were saying 'enter and you're making a big mistake.' Lucy doubted this, however, she knew the orb was inside. She was absolutely positive. 

Lucy stepped forward and opened the door quickly, but all that met them was blackness. All of them gulped.

"We’ll go in first, then the Resistance follow," Lucy ordered to the others. The Resistance nodded and took positions by the many halls entrances. "I’ll go first," Lucy said and took lead position, she walked in slowly, Shona (who was feeling confident) following afterwards.

Snape was about to as well but a cold hand wrapped around his wrist. He turned around hesitantly.

"Be careful," a measly voice told him. Snape looked as Jessica blushed.

"I will, don’t worry," Snape said reassuringly to her. He slowly pulled his hand out of her rasp, Jessica not fighting to keep hold of him. Both looked at each other before looking away, Snape watching her take a position by a doorway.

Lucy, Snape and Shona took out their wands and all chanted ‘lumos’ together. As soon as the words left their mouths the door swung violently and closed itself with terrifying force. The place was dimly lit by the wands. All of them ran to the door and pounded it until their fists went red.

"HELP! HELP!"

"LUCY? SEVERUS?" Jessica’s voice was mute through the blanked wall and door. All three could hear panic on the other side.

"How are we going to get out?" Lucy asked, shaking in the blackness.

"Simple, we keep going forwards," Shona replied from somewhere. "My mum was an auror, she worked here once. She told me the only way to get out of Ministry security was to keep going forwards."