Quidditch woes

Chapter 18: Quidditch woes

"I got in!" Ron laughed as he ran towards Lucy who was heading to breakfast the next day. "I got in the team!" 

"Quidditch team?" Lucy asked. 

"Yeah!" Ron grinned. "I can't believe it! Can you?" 

"Oh I can..." Lucy laughed as she remembered what had happened yesterday as she spotted Angelina in the corridors as she headed down to the room of requirement: 

"Listen you," Lucy had said and confronted Angelina, stopping her in her tracks. "You better let Ron on the team." 

"Why should I do that?" Angelina had asked. 

"Because he's a good player and we desperately need a keeper. He's known how to play Quidditch all his life and has dreamt about getting on the Gryffindor team for a long time!" 

"That still isn't convincing..." 

"Why not?" 

"If he hasn't got skill, he's not getting on the team." 

"He has got skill! I saw him knocking those quaffles out the way!" 

"I still don't think he's worthy..." 

"Fine, we'll be one player short and we'll lose to Slytherin in the upcoming game. But when you leave at the end of this year and I become captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, Ron will be the first one to be on my team." 

"Alright, fine. He can be on the team. But for your sake, I hope he plays well. Because if he doesn't, not only he will be off the team but you too." 

"Just play well for me, Ron, OK?" Lucy said as she snapped back to reality.

"Oh I will! I'm going to play well for everybody!" 

"Ron, stop flirting! You don't have a chance with Lucy, she's way out of your league!" Fred yelled as he ran behind the two of them, alongside George. 

"Shut up, Fred! I know who she's going out with!" Ron snapped. 

"I think we all know who she's going out with," Fred laughed and linked arms with Lucy. Lucy tugged on Fred's arm, slowing him down and let Ron and George walk into the great hall. 

"What is it?" Fred asked. 

"Why so happy?" She asked back. "It wasn't long ago when you seemed to hate me." 

"I never hated you! No, never! I would never hate you!" Fred protested. "I was just a little sad for you about what happened to Anastasia." 

Lucy nodded but then smiled. "Well, I like the Fred that's with me now...not the other one." 

"Me too," Fred laughed just as a strong force pulled them apart. 

"Boys and girls are not permitted to be between eight inches of each other!" Umbridge said. Lucy and Fred looked up to see Umbridge putting her wand away. "My, my, Miss Snape. You do seem to be landing yourself in a lot of trouble lately! In fact, both of you are." 

Lucy's hair turned the colour of Fred's hair so the two of them matched. Umbridge laughed again and a crowd of students began to form around the group. 

"Yet another rule broken!" 

"I'm sorry, what?" Lucy asked. 

"Educational decree number ninety nine." Draco said as he walked forward, standing next to Umbridge. "The usage of magic to change one's physical appearance is forbidden."