Chapter 46: A Sudden Trip 🚗 (Yoongi's POV)

03/14

I knew I needed to make this trip home sooner or later. For two reasons; the first being for me to ask for Soo-Yin's father's permission for her hand in marriage--the second was, (if he approved) to have him help me get an idea of what kind of ring would best fit. That's why I didn't tell her what I was really coming here for.

As far as she knows, I'm here for business. I mean, technically this is business. It's just not the business I led on about. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to surprise her next month.

I remember on our little getaway trip with Namjoon and Lu-Shi she mentioned how much she loved her mother's ring. She said that was one thing that stuck out to her, in her memories. She said her mother's ring was simple; the band itself one diamond on it and the second band had small diamonds in it. I had a pretty good idea of what I'd be working with to start drawing up plans for it. I'm just going to put my own touch into it once I get it designed.

I knew I was getting close. A sense of nostalgia came over me and I smirked. It had been a good while since I had been back home--too long in fact. Once I arrived in town, I couldn't believe how much it hadn't changed. It still looked the exact same, as if it was frozen in time. I drove down the street, looking for her dad's noodle shop.

"What did she say the name of her dad's noodle shop was?" I asked myself. "Come on, Yoongi think..."

Kim's Noodle Company--nope that's not it. Noodles & Grub--nope. House of Noodles? Close...come on!

Just then, my eyes widened as my eyes landed on the building and immediately read the sign.

"Dynasty Noodle Shop! That's it!" I exclaimed as I parked my car.

I quickly unbuckled myself, grabbed my keys and got out of my car. I shut my car door and stared up at the sign, I swallowed hard. I knew for my own good, I needed to ask his permission. I wanted her father's approval. I took in a deep breath, and opened the door. The savory aroma of ramen filled the air. The decor was actually really nice, very traditional looking. The bell hanging on the door dinged and a teenager came up front. He looked to be about fifteen or sixteen, give or take.

"Hi, welcome to Dynasty Noodle Shop!" he said cheerily. I cleared my throat and sighed.

"I'm here to see the chef--the owner, Kim Dong-Lee. I'm Soo-Yin's--"

Before I could finish, the teenager bolted towards the back of the restaurant. Thankfully I was the only customer in here. After a few minutes, the teenager came out with an older man. He looked a lot like Soo-Yin...or rather Soo-Yin looked like him. I swallowed hard as he made eye contact with me.

Why am I feeling nervous now?!

"Alright, thanks Seok-Min." Soo-Yin's dad said to the teenager. "Head on home, I'm sure your mom's gonna kill me for working a double yesterday and then again today. I'll see you, mom and your brother when I get home."

"Thanks dad," the teenager said, he took off his hat and ran out the back door. Then I heard footsteps from upstairs, which I paid no mind to.

Dong-Lee's gazed fixated on me as he stepped behind the counter. He grabbed two bottles of soju and set them down on the counter.

"Come sit down." Dong-Lee said sternly. I walked over and sat down in front of him. His gaze was still locked on me as he opened the bottles of soju.

"My name is--"

"Min Yoongi, I know." Dong-Lee replied sternly. "My daughter has mentioned you to me through the occasional text messages she sends me. If you're her boyfriend and you drove all the way out here from Seoul, to talk to me...that can mean only one thing."