#18 up to me...

The gate opened and the furious bull kicked un-majestically into the dusty arena. The midday sun shon down over the land and the dry wind russeled the trees. I cheered him on as the white bull fearlessly raged, kicking and rearing. I sat on the arena fence with Leos sweety cowboy hat on my head to protect me from sunburn. His brown and silver chaps sparkled in the light. His body bashed around like a rag doll but he managed to keep balance. It was around six seconds when the bull flug sideways sending him south. I covered my mouth in horror as he scrambled to his feet and ran for the fence as Marko and Grant the two rodeo clowns lead the bull back though the main gait. Kelly climbed up next to me and smiled "his good at it hey?" She handed me a bottle of water "how longs be been doing it for?" She tied her blond hair into a bun and softly smiled to herself "his been doing it his while life."
"Really?!" I was shocked. I knew that he asked for a foster family with horses and cattle I never knew it ment that much to him. "Yeah, I'd like to talk to you about somethings."
"What is it?" I questioned.
"Okay there's two things. I was wondering if you'd like me to teach you how to properly ride King,"
I shone a grin at her "that would be great!"
"Good" she said "and I was talking to Trevor and-" Ritchie jumped up between Kelly and me "mum Carals here and she wants you to fill out forms. Hey cous!" He said. "Hey Ritchie." I reply. Kelly sighed with frustration "tell her I'll be there in ten." Ritchie walked off and only then did I notice how fit he was, I wonder if him and Katie would ever see interests in each other. "Hannah?" I looked back at aunty Kelly who had realized my sudden loss of concentration, "oh. Sorry, keep going."
She nods and continued her speach, "anyway, I wanted to adopt Leo."
WHAT?! I stair at her with my bown eyes embarrassingly large "wait... What...?"
She went on, "Trevor didn't think it was such a good idea,"
"Why's that?" I urge.
"Apparently him and Leo had a "man" talk." She rolls her eyes.
"About what?" Maybe I was acting to interested.
"I don't know. All I know is Leo is not comfortable with become our leagle son. I have a slight idea why, but I'm not gonna point any figures." She smirked. Was she talking about me or something even more personal to Leo.

"No that has happened to me before." Admitted Leo. I jumped in front of him "Oh my gosh! Really?!"
It was around two in the afternoon and me and Leo walked back to the truck. He was telling me about broken bones and how a bull had stepped on his arm once.
"Yep." He said.
"How old where you?"
"Seven." Why was he so quite? Was it about the adoption thing? When did they have the time to discuss this?
"Hey you know Katie?" I asked him.
"Yeah?" He stopped concerned. Did he like her? What if he like her and not me? I can't tell him about Ritchie then. "Hannah? What is it?" I look at him... Right into his bus eyes and over his scruffy light blond hair. I was so confused. "Um... Nothing!" I sing, and then keep walking to the car. "Hannah?" He lowered his voice. Then it hit me, what if he thought I didn't like him and Katie did? I turn around and spill "I just though her and Ritchie would be so cute together." Leo stoped and thought about it, but not long after that he tuned out a huge grin "I never thought of that."
I opened the door and sit in the middle of the seats. Next to me Ritchie sat on his phone, when Leo sat next to me he just would not stop smiling. I nuged him with my elbow telling him to stop. Ritchie looked up at us and I realized I was giving a goofy grin too.
"what?" He asked bluntly.
I looked at Leo and we both started to giggle. "Shhh!" I put my finger up to Leos face but we couldn't hold it in. The more we looked at Ritchie blank face the more we couldn't stop imagining them the more it made us laugh. "The the hell are you two weirdos laughing at?!" He complains. I lean over and whispered into Leos ear "he even gets moody like her." Then we were done for. Leos husky laugh roared with some tears. We high-fived and held our guts with joyfulness. Ritchie opened his side door and walked off "we should stop." I said through my giggles. When I looked up I found myself so close to him...
I quickly shoved myself back, blushing. He still had a goofy smile on his face.
A car door opened and Kelly hoped in the drivers seat. Ritchie sat back next to me and never even looked at us. What was his problem? The engine started making the whole car throttle.

********

"Keep you shoulders back and chin up!" Yelled Kelly.
"Okay." I whisper to myself. His jog was smooth and it was hard to understand how to move him without using my hands or reigns. Kelly had let me borrow her spurs so I could drive him. I had the reigns bridged, extremely loose and curved them just above the horn. "Down gait!" Yelled Kelly. I pushed down with my feet and sat heavy in the saddle "waallkk..." I said. King quickly slowed to a walk. "Okay I showed you how to pick up into the lope, if you can't get the lope just canter as slowly as possible. When your ready." She called.
"Yep." For some reason I was really nervous. I followed her instructions and he picked up rushingly. But I managed to hold him up, calming him and before I tried to pull his head back down. "There you go! Now sit up in the saddle, move with his mosion and loosen your reigns!" She demanded. He was so smooth and easy going.
Later on Kelly tought me how to do pivots and side passes, the where very hard to handle but once j got the overall movement of each demand it was becomeing clearer.
"You know what Kelly?" I said, as we waled down the dirt road to the washbays. The sunset was opon us and the sprinklers had began to spurt. I tied King to the poll and four the tap. "What's that?" Kelly asked. I put the hose up to his head and he rejected it completely throwing his head high in the air. "You should do lessons. I know a bunch of girls that would love to learn barrels and pole bending."
Kelly smiled with sympathy "well I have no time to do that."
"But, you still had a good two hours to do it today." I contemplated. She's nodded and sighed "I spose we do have the horses. And we do have the population numbers. Who knows we could open our own club!" She joked.
"No I'm serious!" I laugh.
We tured off the hose and started to scrape King rid of the water. "Okay, if you can go through the papers of all the horses on this block and find the ones- there should be an odd twenty- I'll let you choose out the ones that havent been used yet but are trained and then, only then! Will I consider it." I smiled so brightly. I have never been more exited in my life.
I have Leo to deal with,
I have king to ride,
I have shows to attend,
Friends to care for,
A family,
What more could go right?