#30 My Name is Expensive

The open rows of stables stretched on for some long distances for all i could see. when we arrived we pulled up on the big open grassy area designated for goosenecks only, and the other parks where full of a good hundred floats. 

Uncle T went off to the office or something to deal with the paper work and later came back with paper to sign in and a number for Marcos stall. Marco stopped and grinned his hoof away impatiently, still in the back of the gooseneck. 

i got him out and with the help of all of us we took a long time to find stall number 332. dodging around other horses, Clyde to Mini's, bay to Appaloosa, race horse to pleasure horse. 

"well i spose he wont be here for long." Ritchie remarked trying to stay positive about to tiny muddy stall.

i sighed and opened to gate tapping Marcos bum in, i think i even herd him sigh. "well let's just hope someone buys him." 

"of course someone will look at him." Kate sung. us to very pleased with our amazing Make over and mucky brown main scrubbing we did. 

"yeah i reckon he fells kinda happy his got all this attention after sitting in the paddock for some months and months." i laughed. 

"Hey Hannahyou ever been to a horse auction before?" Uncle T asked.

"I never been to a actual horse action before let alone a normal one. My Dad used to only go to actions while i was at school, i donno why." i shrugged.

"yeah, i don't think he wanted you to see the sad state it's at." he chucked to himself. 

maybe if it wasn't so wet and overcast the place would feel a little less like a dirty swamp.

just before Marco's turn was up wee saddled him up then left and went and sat on one of the grand stands. i watched all variety's of horses going passed in the round ring and every single one i was so tempted to put up my hand and scream i want them all! 

But no that's definitely not a good idea, hahaha i wish.

every once and a while a Quarter Horse or Australian Stock horse would entire and Uncle T would hold himself back, to keep him from doing so every time a good one he liked would step out he would murmurer to me "aww mate, i had his cousin and that's a dam fine roping blood in there." or "never herd of that brand but gee aren't they good at breeding."

The Man who stood on the stand had a little bouncy like voice and talked a hounded miles an hour but that didn't seem right cause i could say the same sentence in the same time though a lot clearer than he did.

"Alright next we have a registered seven year old Quarb, Marc Vallion Gold. his mother, Marallas Vallion Gold and his father, Quite Too Burgundy. His registration name was Mark Vallion Gold. Broken in and Trained by Rob Fellence, one of his last projects sold from Vallion Gold Station to Robs brother out at the Fellence station where Marco has be re-trained by Rob's only daughter and brought here to be sold as a competing eventing horse. Marco can clear 1 meter for his sturdy size and today as an added bonus is being sold with his fitted tack. 

a little later Marco was being walked in and people went off. 

"can i have a starting price of two houndred?" his fast stammered bonce started.

a lady in the far side of the crowd lifted her board, she wore a black hat and a black jacket and was quite old. 

"two-thousand." a man below me said.

"two-five."

"three-thousand!" the old lady yelled. 

"four!" a business looking man called.

"alright we got four-thousand how 'bout a-"

"four, five-hundred." the old lady yelled. 

the man bellow me stayed calm, the old lady looked determined and the business man stood with an ear piece in on the phone to someone discussing.

the Business man raised his hand, "four, six-hundred."

the man below me got serious, "$5,500!".

the old lady gave him a spiteful look. yet this whole time i sat looking absolutely gobsmacked by what continued on a while between these three bidders. 

after five minuets we where at a slow rise of $12,00! 

the man on the mike continued to praise my fathers work and the Fellence name and that triggered more hands, most from those same three buyers. 

i thought the business man would be best cause he obviously comes from a wealthy business. but the old lady could take him to a riding school or the guy below me could be buying his daughter his dream pony. i was torn by watching. 

and Marco happily walked around in circles stepping over little blue and while, muddy poles set up every once and a while. 

i found myself clenching onto Leo's hand who sat next to me. "you right?" he asked.

i wide-eyed just continued shoot my eyes at who ever raised the bar, "i'm so excited!" i squealed quietly, as if i was going to interrupt their bidding. 

the numbers got bigger and faster as the three people were all clearly very wealthy and all wanted the last remaining, Australian renowned, Rob Fellence's horse left up for grabs. 

i couldn't keep up soon lost in my own thoughts of all money me and my Dad just made. 

"SOLD!" he slammed down the hammer and i jumped with thrill.

"what i missed it! what happened??" i turned to Leo for answers who just gave me a overwhelmed look. 

then i looked at Uncle T who was looking very pleased. 

"can someone please hurry up and tell me what happened!?"

"$35,000!" Kate pours out with extreme delight. 

i was not expecting that!

HEY YALL! so its funny cause im not sure how expensive a horse can get but look at black caviler so not too unrealistic you reckon?