Past is painful

Samaira's POV

What's wrong with him? Why is he behaving as if I am his girlfriend? It's too difficult to think straight when he is so close to me. My mind wants to react differently, but my body wins over my mind and reacts differently to his touch and his intimacy.

If he keeps doing that, I am going to lose my mind and...heart. And I don't desire to go through the same pain all over again.

I head back to our table and act normally. I can't let them know what happened back there. It's an uncomfortable thing to share.

"What took you so long?", Ivaan questioned.

"I got a call from my office", I answered and he nodded.

"So Samaira...", Brien initiated but was interrupted by Blake.

"I am sorry. It was urgent", he said.

"No problem", Siara said.

"You were saying something, Brien", I reminded him.

"Yeah. I was just going to ask you if you have a boyfriend", he articulated.

"Um, no", I replied and took a quick glimpse at Blake. He narrowed his eyes at Brien.

"I could introduce you to some of my friends", he said.

"NO!", Blake and Ivaan exclaimed.

"Shut the fuck up, boys", Siara glared at those two.

"Yeah! You boys don't get to decide whom I should date. That's my choice. Suck it up", I declared in a pissed tone. They are acting as if they own me.

"Ivaan screamed, fine. Blake? Why did you scream?", Laura asked and looked skeptically at Blake.

"Um, I...", Blake was about to justify himself but got rescued by the waiter.

"Your order", the waiter said and served our food.

Even I wanted to know why he screamed. Something's definitely fishy. He's been acting weird ever since I moved here. Even though it's only been 2 days, still.

After dinner, we went to a local ice-cream parlor. The paparazzi won't find us here. The attention we get is sometimes annoying. We need personal space too.

"Which flavor?", I ask them. We are all looking at the menu and grinning like kids. No matter how old we become, ice-creams will always be our most favorite thing.

"Salted caramel", Ivaan said.

"Brambleberry crisp", followed by Siara.

"Boysenberry rosé milk jam", then Laura.

"Strawberry Lemon Lush", then Brien.

"Mango Madness", and finally Blake.

"Don't you love mangoes, Samaira?", Blake asked. I looked at him in disbelief. He remembered? How? Why?

I just kept staring at me, so did he. None of us were ready to avert our gazes. But then we heard someone cough. We looked at the person. Laura! Thank god she did that. It would be awkward later.

"I'll go give our orders', I informed them and went to the lady who was waiting for us to order.

"Aren't you Samaira Kapoor?", she asked and smiled.

"Yes, I am", I responded and she gave me an absolutely adorable smile.

"I've heard a lot about you. I adore you. I read your interviews too", she expressed.

"Thank you so much", I replied politely.

"Can I take a picture with you?", she asked excitedly.

"Sure", I said. Who'd refuse such a cute person?