Happiness

Samaira's POV

Blake and I are escorting Ivaan to the bachelor's party. Laura, Brien, and Andre are escorting Siara. Both of them are blindfolded. And right now, I am happy. My brother is getting married, my best friend is escorting our best friend with her boyfriend, and Blake and I have finally said 'I love you' together.

"Why am I blindfolded?" Ivaan asked. "Because we are going to drown you," Blake heckled, clearly irritated. I chuckled. Because this is the fifth time he asked us the same question.

"Blake!" Ivaan exclaimed. "Shut up, asshole. Just walk," Blake said.

We reached the outer space of the hotel where the party is organized. Siara and the others were here too. I pointed towards the center of the ground and Laura nodded. We took Ivaan there and whispered in his ears to remove the blindfold in 5 mins.

As soon as Ivaan and Siara began unfastening their blindfolds, I gave a signal to begin the fireworks. The look on their faces was priceless. Their journey hasn't been effortless either. They had their fair share of problems too. But I am so glad that they are gonna have their happy ending. I couldn't wish for anything more for them.

"HAPPY BACHELOR'S PARTY!!" we screamed and ran to them.

I hugged Ivaan while Blake hugged Siara. I withdrew and popped open a bottle of champagne, "To your wonderful relationship"

"TO OUR FABULOUS FAMILY!"

"LET'S PARTY!" Laura yelled.

Everyone was enjoying the party. Dancing, singing, eating, chatting, and just living in the moment. The song 'WHAT A TIME' was playing. Perfect! The ambiance was cool, enthusiastic, and flawless.

I was in Blake's arms, dancing. We couldn't care less about anybody. We were just lost in each other's eyes. My arms around his neck and his around my waist. We are in love but still fighting for a peaceful relationship. Any relationship could only get this complicated.

"I wish things were a bit smoother than this," I said.

"I promised you that I'll make things better," he said.

"It's not that easy, Blake."

"I know it's not. But my mistake led us to this. So, I have to make it right."

"But-"

He kissed me before I could complete. A slow kiss. But just perfect. He tastes like champagne and his lips were warm. Our tongues played with each other and our hearts too. Our hearts were pounding so fast. I could feel it and I am sure he feels it too. He pulled back first.

"No buts."

I smiled. The fire in his eyes made me believe every word.

"Okay then. No more talking about us until the party's over. Let's enjoy. I'm gonna go to my girls," I told him and strode to the girls.

"Are you having fun, Si?" I asked her. "Of course, I am. Thank you so much guys, for the party," she expressed her gratitude my hugging us. "I must say, I missed our hug," Laura said and chuckled. So did we. "Bet you did," I commented.

Blake's POV

The kiss was incredible. She tasted like champagne and smelled like strawberry. Our tongues and lips moved perfectly together. We were lost. We were perfect.

"Hey, Blake, give me company, please. Andre and Ivaan are busy dancing with each other," he said and pouted. I laughed. He's cute. Laura and Brien are perfect together. If Laura is the spice then Brien's the sweetener.

"Sure, bro. We should go and dance too," I suggested. "Only if you don't plan to abandon me and go to Samaira," he stated. "And if you don't abandon me and go to Laura." We laughed.

We go to the dance floor and start dancing. I have never danced in public and definitely not so freely. Hell! I have not enjoyed my life when these people weren't around. This feels awesome. I will dance all night. It's my sister's and best friend's wedding, so why not.

The girls joined us too. Everyone was on the dance floor. All the guests too. We are having fun. And it feels wonderful. We even dance to some Bollywood songs.

"This is amazing!" Siara screams and dances with all her energy. "It is!" Samaira shouts.

Oh, by the way, Samaira looks fabulous. Especially while dancing. Her body is luring me. But she made it clear, that today's not about us. And she is definitely right. Today's about Ivaan and Siara. Their happiness, their fun, their moments. It's their day. And they deserve it.

"It's good seeing that smile on your face, you know. Happiness doesn't look bad on you," Ivaan whispered in my ears and I smiled looking at him.

After the party

Ivaan and I sat by the pool. I guess we just needed our boy's time. We haven't been able to sit together and have a proper conversation since I left for Canada. I did miss it. He's the only one who has stuck with me for so long. And I am glad to have him in my life.

"You are getting married."

"I am."

"Does it feel good?"

"Heavenly!"

"That's nice."

"And you didn't change your plan, right? You are still going to propose Samaira, aren't you?"

"If things go well, yes. I want to. I have all the desire to marry her."

"Good. It's gonna be fine."

"I hope so. You know, I always believed that I was suffering more than Samaira. But the reality is so cruel. I hurt her. She was suffering way more than I was. It hurts to accept that." I admit. It's even more painful to just keep it to myself.

"Blake, you should remember that you did not intend to hurt her. You were trying to protect her. Your intentions matter too, not just your actions. You loved her and you still do. So it's obvious that it'll hurt you. But you are trying. You are trying to make things work. Keep faith in yourself, or how will Samaira keep faith in you?"

"Do you think that I can do this?"

"You are Blake Mendes. The second most powerful businessman. If you can create your own empire, you can do anything. Sure, Samaira is not easy. Even my sister is powerful. Samaira Kapoor is the fifth most powerful businesswoman. But she loves you. She's trying too. You two are going to come out just fine."

"Thank you, Iv. I needed this. I am going to get her. And we'll get through this."

"That's the spirit! Go get her then."

"Yes, thank you."

I sprint straight to Samaira's room and knock. She opens the door, "Blake, hey!"

"Is now the right time to talk?" I ask and she turns serious. "Come in"

I enter the room and sit down on the sofa.

"Ask me all the questions you want to. I will answer each of your questions truthfully. I won't hide a bit. I promise," I speak.