Brother's bestfriend!

Blake's Pov

I am so freaking nervous. I know what her answer will be, yet. She might change her mind. I don't know anything for sure. I mean I've done a lot of fucked up things, so of course, she can change her mind. Damn, I'm terrified.

Right now, I'm heading to her room. I will blindfold her and then take her to the location. I knock on her door. Laura opens it, "Hey! Damn, you're a nervous wreck. I don't remember the last time I saw you like this." Great, she's teasing. "You know, I'd really like some words of affirmation instead," I taunt and she smiles. "Calm down, Mendes. Everything's gonna be fine. You're gonna be fine. Take it easy. We both know what her answer is going to be," she says and I nod.

"Who's it, Laura?" Samaira asks from inside the bedroom. "Your boyfriend." She smirks and I do too. Samaira comes out. "Hey, Blake," she says and smiles. "Hey, baby. Ready to go?" I ask, and she nods. "Let's go then. I have a surprise for you," I say and she frowns.

"Surprise?"

"Yes. Surprise."

"Why?"

"What do you mean why?"

"A surprise for no reason?"

Laura intrudes in between, "You ask too many questions, Samaira. Just go already. Blake, I'll see you two there." I nod and she leaves. Then, I blindfold Samaira and lead her to the location. There's a beach near the hotel. Just 2 mins walk. That's where the proposal will take place."

"I am nervous, Blake."

"So am I, love."

"Am I going to cry?"

Hmm. "Maybe."

"Am I going to smile?"

"Maybe."

"Ugh! This is so frustrating." I chuckle

"We are here. I am going to untie the blindfold."

"Please!"

"Samaira's POV

As soon as Blake removes the blindfold, I'm stunned! My eyes and mouth were wide. I can't move! I can't blink! I can't do anything, except for staring at the spectacular view.

There's a white carpet ahead of me which will lead us to the heart made of rose petals and candles. And then there's a sign that says, "MARRY ME." It's a huge sign with LEDs. the whole beach is covered with candles. And since it's dark, this looks fantastic. Incredible. It's as if I'm dreaming. I definitely am. Because this is too good to be real.

Blake walks to the center of the heart, "C'mon, Samaira. The white carpet's for you." I start walking. this feels so good. I am grinning so hard. I reach the heart and Blake extends his hand to me. I grab it and he pulls me inside.

He kneels and holds out a ring box. "The moment I saw that 15-year-old girl, I knew I had to talk to her somehow. That beautiful face, that infectious smile, those sparkling eyes, that cheerful soul. Even though the thought of love made me sick, I knew I had fallen madly in love with that 15-year-old girl. But then as we became friends, the thought of bringing that pure soul into my dark world, scared me to death. Revealing my true self to you seemed terrifying. Loving you so much frightened me. I thought hurting you was the only option to keep you away. But it was so heartbreaking that I lost myself. I had lost my peace. You are my peace. These 10 years without you have been hell. The only girl I can ever be with is you. It will always be you. No matter what. That 18-year-old boy wanted to have a life with you by his side and this 28-year-old man wants the same thing. You, Samaira Kapoor, complete me and my world. You are the light in my darkness. You are my peace. You are my love. You are my world. Will you please marry me?" I am crying through my tears. This has to be the best proposal one can ever have.

"That 15-year-old girl dreamt of a future with that 18-year-old lost boy. Her lost boy. And she still dreams the same. You are the only man who can ever steal my heart. I love your darkness. I love your intimidating aura. I love your body. I love your soul. I love you, Blake Mendes. Always and forever. Yes, I'll marry you." He's crying too.

He quickly puts the ring on and gets up to kiss me. This is the most passionate kiss ever. And the most memorable one too. We pull apart and we are still crying. He picks me up and swings me around. As soon as he puts me down, I hear screams. I turn around to see Laura, Ivaan, Siara, Andre, Brien, and my family running towards us.

Laura jumps at me and hugs me tightly. "I am so fucking happy for you. You deserve the world, Samaira," she whispers. "Thank you so much, Laura. I love you." And then she screams, "You got your brother's best friend!" I grin, "My brother's best friend!" We all laugh.

And then Ivaan hugs me, "My little sister is all grown up. I couldn't be more proud of you, Sammy. You are my family. You'll always be the person I love the most. I am happy for you, little one." He's crying. "Thank you so much, brother. And you too will always be the person I love the most. No one can ever replace you. Thank you for everything." I hug him tight.

Then comes Siara, "You are one hella lucky girl. You scored Blake huh. Congratulations. You deserve it all." I laughed, "Thank you, Si."

"You are wrong, Si. It's Blake who's lucky. Anyone would be lucky to score Samaira. But she rejected everyone for this bastard. So, he is the lucky one," Andre joked and then hugged me. "Congratulations, dumbass." I hugged him back," Thanks, asshole."

And then Brien hugged me, "Congratulations, Samaira. You are one gem of a person. You deserve every happy thing that comes your way. I'm really happy for you." I am crying," Thank you so much, Brien. You are the best,"

"Can I have my girl back, please?" Blake interrupted. We laughed. "Sure. She's all yours," Brien said and went back to Laura. "Thank you so much, Blake. This is the best proposal ever. This looks so amazing," I gestured towards the decoration. "Anything for you, love."

"Now, let's go and enjoy Ivaan and Siara's reception!" Laura screams with enthusiasm.

"Let's go!"

Blake's POV

And now, this was our story. After all the ups and downs, we ended up together. Everything was worth the wait. We laughed, we cried, we fought, but, we stuck together. This is what family is about. This is what love is about. Always sticking together through thick and thin.

My love for Samaira will keep growing as we grow old together.

I really fell hard for that 15-year-old girl, and I am glad that I did. There's no one better than her for me. She'll always be the light to my darkness.

We had a thrill in our story. Patience. Passion. Adventure. Compassion. And overall, we had love.

This is us. A little bit crazy but incredibly amazing. This is our family and we would never trade this for anything.

I am grateful for Samaira and I am grateful for our family. And I am grateful for the love we have.

We really made our 15-year-old girl and 18-year-old boy happy. This is our happily ever after.