I want to marry her

Samaira's POV

It feels like I just relived everything. The boys fought and then I stopped them. Everything was the same. Except, this time, it was only Ivaan who was beating Blake. And Blake didn't fight back at all. I need to know what exactly happened there.

I stride towards Laura's room. Only she'll tell me what happened back there without sugar-coating it. I knock on her door and wait. Brien opens it. "Hey," I communicate. "Hey, come in," he ushers me inside. Laura comes out of the bedroom.

"I was waiting for you," she speaks. "I should probably leave you guys alone," Brien says and steps towards the door. I grasp his wrist to stop him. "It's okay, Brien. Stay. You are family. U should know everything," I say and smile at him.

"I'll make us some coffee," Laura says. She goes to the bedroom whilst Brien and I settle down on the sofa. "Are you fine?" Brien asks. "Honestly, I don't know," I say, and he nods in understanding. "Are you going to talk to Blake?" he asks. "Depends. I want to know what exactly happened," I tell him.

"Coffee, "Laura comes out and gives us the cup. "Start shooting your questions," Laura voices, and I chuckle a bit. Of course, she knew. "Tell me what all happened after you guys dashed out from my room," I state. "Okay," she said and then told me every minute thing.

By the end of it, I was crying. The pain was too much to endure. And Blake didn't touch Ivaan at all, just for me. Irrespective of his anger issues, he didn't anything. He got hit by my brother, his best friend, just for me. And here I am. I have been hiding from him ever since his confession. How could I be so inconsiderate?

"I need to go," I tell Brien and Laura, and get up to leave. "No, wait," Laura stops me. "Maybe take some of our suggestions and then go to him? How about that?" Brien asks, and I nod. I sit down in between them.

They embrace me tightly, and again my stupid tears start to fall. "Shh, it's ok, Sammy. I know how overwhelming everything can be. It's gonna be fine," Laura comforts. "You are a strong girl. I'm sure you'll get through this," Brien says and smiles. I am so grateful that Laura found an incredible man like him.

"When you go to Blake, ask him all about the past. Don't ask any questions, just listen. I am afraid that you don't know everything. He told you a part of it. And maybe, that is what is holding you back. Because you don't know everything," Laura says, her voice full of concern.

"Samaira, I'll tell you something like a man. We guys are really bad at showing how we actually feel. But Blake has tried. Since the day I entered this family, I have seen him. The way he looks at you when he thinks you ain't watching. The love and admiration he has for you. It's all extraordinary. I don't even know a single part of your past or why he pushed you away. But all I know is, if I were him, I would not think about how I'd ruin your life, But he did. He kept you above himself. Even though he loved you so much. That's the toughest shit to do. He loves you more than anyone of us. He can go to any extent to love and protect you. He'll always choose you over anyone. And all of us know that. Even Ivaan," Brien says every word so clearly that it makes me optimistic and melancholy at the same time.

"He's right," we hear Ivaan say. Ivaan and Siara enter the room. "Brien is absolutely right. And I regret fighting with him. I regret today's fight and the fight 10 years ago. I couldn't understand my own best friend. I failed as a brother and as a best friend," he says and cries.

"No, Iv, you did not. You did not fail as a brother and you did not fail as a best friend either. You protected me as a brother. You did everything in your power to protect me and keep me happy. You did not leave your best friend's side. Ever. Even after everything, you were always there for him. You are the only one who could play both roles perfectly. You are absolutely amazing. You passed with flying numbers. And we love you for everything you've done for us," I say adoringly. Then, he hugs me tightly.

"Samaira, we have bad news," Siara says. She's almost frightened to say it out. Her face says it all. I withdraw myself from Ivaan and look at her. "What is it, Siara? Tell me," I look at her pleadingly.

"Blake is gone," she blurts out. "What do you mean he's gone?" I cry out loud. "He went back to Canada. He won't be back until next week. He'll come when our wedding festivities begin. "When did he leave?" I ask. "15 mins after the fight," she responds. "And you are only telling me now?" I yell and rush out.

I am hoping I can catch him before he departs. No, no, no. He can't leave now. I need to talk to him. He cannot just leave like that. He can't leave me when I need him. I drive as fast as I can. As soon as I reach, I run inside the airport. But I can't find him anywhere. No, not now Blake. He won't even pick up my calls.

Blake's POV

I saw her. I saw her at the airport. She was crying and desperately searching for me. But I couldn't let her find me. Not today. I need to get away from her. I can't be vulnerable. I have told my plans to Ivaan and Siara. And they told Samaira, what I told them to.

After the fight, Siara was scanning my wounds when Ivaan came in. He sat down beside me and apologized.

FLASHBACK

"I am so sorry. I was wrong. But, I was just worried for my sister. She's been through enough. Every time I see her in despair, it reminds me of what happened 10 years ago," Ivaan said.

"I get it, Ivaan. And you did not do anything wrong. You were just guarding your sister. And I did what I had to. You need to understand. I won't give up on her. I almost did when Andre came to California. But then I remembered, I did not wait for so long for nothing," I told him everything honestly.

'Yeah, and then he threatened me to tell him honestly if anything is going on between Samaira and me," Andre joined and giggled after saying that. "Yeah, right," I said.

"I love her, Ivaan. I always have. You don't know anything that happened back then. You'll know what I wanted you to know. Now hear me out, " I told them everything about what happened 10 years ago. Why I did all the fucked up things.

Ivaan and Siara were crying. "I am so sorry, Blake. You protected her way better than I could. Fuck, I am the worst. I hated you for something you never intended to do," Ivaan said and wept harder. "It's okay, bro. I don't blame you," I ensured him.

"But all of you have to help me now. Will you?" I requested them. 'Yes," all of them replied. "Ivaan, I want to marry Samaira," he was taken aback after I said that. But then later, he smiled. "Yes, you may," he said and beamed."I am flying to Canada," I said. "You are what?" Siara screamed. "Shh! That's what you have to tell Samaira. And tell her that I'll be back next week when all the functions start. But in reality, I am not going anywhere. I'll be in California, at my house. I'll be preparing my proposal. And I have to get my shit together too. Both of us need time. And that's why we have to be away from each other. I am going to propose after your wedding. And I want it to be perfect," I articulated.

FLASHBACK ENDS

All of them agreed and they'll tell the whole plan to Brien and Laura. After that, I came to the airport. I knew Samaira would come. She exited the airport after some time, defeated. As much as I want to hold her right now, I know I can't.