𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴 -mädchen-

"Run heidi! Run faster!" her sister's voice resonated through the narrow street. Or was it only resonating in Heidi's mind? At this point even I had a hard time answering that question. Heidi had been running for all too long, so I advised her to stop. She didn't listen. Heidi was a stubborn young girl and most of all she craved validation. At only 7 years old, she firmly believed she had to show she was better than her siblings in some way to get her parents' attention. I knew that wasn't true, if she had simply talked more or had the courage to show off as much as Frieda or Walter did. Her greatest desire would have been fulfilled. But it wasn't as simple as that for Heidi.

Nothing ever is when it comes to human behaviour.

My little human had a certain shyness to her, and it didn't help that her family was the opposite.

Walter would happily talk about his day, his tone loud and jovial, filled with a pride that made Wilma sick as he told about something he had accomplished that day.

Wilma would grunt and roll her eyes as soon as he opened his mouth at dinner.

Then Trudy would ask Wilma how the toddlers were doing, she would make a quick answer, tired of being the babysitter. Alfred would then ask Heidi and Frieda what they had done today, but unfortunately he only got an answer from Frieda. She was always first to talk and wouldn't stop until Wilma told her to stop, and go get ready for bed. Just like that, Heidi never said a word at dinner. Frieda simply had too many things to say and contrary to Heidi, she had the words to proudly explain it to her family.

And this was why Heidi was running down the street with all her strength. Since Frieda seemed incapable of shutting her mouth, perhaps if she did what Frieda asked her to, she might let that information slip out her mouth during dinner which would turn the attention to Heidi. My human was a clever young girl, but sometimes a seven year old has limits. I did tell her that was a bad idea, because what Frieda asked her to do wasn't something her parents would particularly appreciate.

Frieda had given Heidi the brown woollen hat of a boy named Alexander Fischer, and told her to get out of her hiding spot behind the house and run down all the way to the next street and hide it in the dirt. Her sister was apparently too lazy to do it.

An incredibly stupid and childish idea, but Heidi had to hurriedly accept since alexander had now noticed his hat was missing, he had finally figured out why he felt a bit colder than he had a second ago.

When he turned to Heidi, the young girl started running, his hat in hand.

I distinctly remember I got the urge to bury my face in my hands with a grunt, but I lacked both hands and face, so I didn't do it.

Heidi only had a vague idea of where to go:

straight forward

I was glad she wouldn't accidentally get lost by turning into a random alley.

That would have been quite stupid on her part, since everything looked like a big blur of colours to her.

Because in addition to her big insecurities, she had another more physical problem.

The winter she had turned 4, her eyesight had started deteriorating and now that she was 7, she had realised it would never get better. However, she decided to tell no one about this slight issue.

After all she could manage, according to herself and herself only.

Sometimes as I guide humans, I understand why us soul advisers don't have physical forms. At that point, if I could have slapped her back into her senses I would have, very lightly of course, i'm not a violent entity, especially not toward my own humans.