𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽 -did you just steal, young lady?

A whole week, that's how long Heidi was trapped inside. She had never experienced this big of a need to be outside before. It was a strange feeling for her, longing to do something other than hiding in a dark corner of her house. During this horrid week she also discovered that missing someone was one of the worst feelings to ever exist. It's always there, and when you think it's gone it creeps back up. I hope it's no surprise to you that the person she missed so horribly was Alexander.

Friendship is a curious and wonderful thing. I've heard many say it isn't nearly as strong as love. Those who say this have a poor and limited definition of this gigantic word, because what on earth would a friendship be without love?

Heidi did nothing but chores, or at least that's what it felt like to her. Trudy had decided to give her most of Wilma's tasks so her dear eldest could get some rest for once. Wilma however made sure Heidi never scrubbed the floors or cooked alone, for obvious safety reasons. Trudy hadn't really thought about them, infact, Heidi noticed her mother had been worrying a lot more than usual after the day she was grounded.

The air inside always felt so tense.

"Do you know why mama seems so upset?" She asked her sister as they both sat on the floor near the fireplace, cleaning up around it.

Wilma looked up at her, a slight smudge of black coal had stained her temple and Heidi quickly glanced at it, fighting the urge to wipe it off with her hand.

"Probably because she's upset." She answered after a long silence, during which she looked rather conflicted.

"Yes, i figured that, I'm not as stupid as you think." Heidi retorted a little bitterly. Wilma turned to her with a grave expression.

"Who said you were stupid?" She asked urgently, gently putting her hand on her shoulder

Heidi slightly shuffled away from her and shook her head. "No one said, but everyone thinks I am."

A long silence emerged between the two sisters, Wilma tried to think of what to tell her, but no words came out. How could her seven year old sister say that with such a serious look on her face?

"You're not." She finally said, pulling her into a hug. "You really aren't."

"But then why doesn't mama trust me, why doesn't she think i can walk down the street alone." Heidi mumbled, in both confusion and annoyance.

Wilma chuckled softly. "You're seven heidi, that;s why she was so worried-

"Then why does Frieda do it all the time?" She inquired, preventing Wilma from finishing her sentence.

There it was again, Frieda. It always led back to her, or rather what she could do and what Heidi couldn't. My human knew for a fact it had nothing to do with her mother favouring her, because she didn't. Trudy didn't really have a clear favourite. (whereas Alfred's was very clearly Frieda.)

With all her knowledge, Heidi concluded that her mother simply didn't trust her as much, she didn't think Heidi was capable of doing things Frieda was, not yet at least. Heidi had always been last.

When Heidi told Wilma all this, the girl could do nothing but nod, it was true and she couldn't do anything about it. Trudy had less faith in Heidi than Frieda, that was a fact and she couldn't exactly blame her mother for seeing things that way, but she could blame her for making it so obvious to Heidi.

She could and would blame her for that.

"I know you're not stupid" Wilma whispered, hugging her sister tightly. "Remember what the old lady in a blue coat said?"